World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, As you can see fro my thread below i am a complete novice off with his son to Brighton Marina this Saturday. What essential pieces of kit/tackle would the experienced among you recommend that don't immediately come to mind?
Cheers Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aslong as you have all the basics (svivels, hooks, line, weights, feathers etc) you should be fine. I fish at Brighton marina at least once a week, mackeral are the most popular species although it seems they are reasonably quiet so far this year . It can vary a lot 1 day you could go down there and get no mackeral the next day upto 50. You could also try spinning for them with your new spinning rod :). For your son, to ensure he gets most fun out of the day you will probably be best setting him up with feathers (if there seems to be enough mackeral about). If not I would set him up on a simple ledger and just fish from the bottom using a small hook (around size 2) and jut to fish right down the side with ragworm which you can get from "the tackle box" near the west quay. He should catch plently of pouting and wrasse using this simple method. I personally fish for bass at the marina, if you wanna try this youself you could try fishing a small live pouting off of 1 of your rods no more that 10 feet out from the wall, this is a deadly method for the bass at brighton marina but often needs the correct weather and conditions.

If you want more info. about fishing there go to http://www.brightonmarina-seafishing.co.uk.

I hope some of this helps and have fun when you go on saturday :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts