World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well where do I start? They say that a picture paints a thousand words so how about this.

:

After a long drive from Essex myself King Muppet, Concrete , Pout 1 and 4 other of Essex's finest sea anglers Mark S, Tony G , Mick B, and Phil B arived at Weymouth or a harbour near by (I cannot remember the name).

On arrival we all destroyed a good fryup. We then travelled to the famous Chisel Beach.The weather was well into the high seventys and killed the fishing off. We all fished on the beach in front of a well known wreck, The Adelaide.

After a long day Pout 1 managed a good trigger fish of well over a pound.

Mick B also dragged out a slighty smaller one.

Concrete caught a dog fish of just over the pound mark and Mark S Landed a good Codling.

I was lucky enough to catch a double shot of Black Bream and a good Doggie of over 2 pound.

Happy Days!!!

End of Day One ( A wash and brush up before hitting Weymouth Town) One late night, well for me anyway. Some liquid refreshment and a curry then off to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day Two new beach ( Again I cannot remember the name but somewhere near Bexy.)

Today Phil B bagged up with Doggies and Mackerel. Mark S caught a very good Garfish and Tony G lost a good fish! Oh well thats fishing.

Well what do you do after a good days fishing , well the obvious , fish half the night at Weymouth. It was a short session for me as I was dead on my feet. However I did manage a new species; a gernard.

Concrete had a good night with some sizable Bass and Mick B landed two Gold Grey Mullet .

End of Day Two

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Day Rock fishing At Portland Bill

We all decided that we would give Portland a look for some wrasse fishing. However, when we got to the mark Phil B and Mark S were not too keen on the thirty foot drop onto huge rock boulders!
After much persuading these two fine gentleman were encouraged to fish the cliffs.

Their efforts were rewarded with Phil B catching the most wrasse and Mark S the biggest wrasse. As you can see from the pictures below.

Tony's Wrasse

My Tiny Wrasse

Concrete and the other lads also managed wrasse of a similar magnificent size. However, the image for me of the whole day was Mark S refusing to move from his rock to land a fish, talk to anyone or even blink an eyelid for fear of falling off!!

To sum up the whole trip the weather was fantastic, the Dorset people were friendly and hospitable and the company of the jolly boys stunning. Here's looking at next year.

KM.

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Got to love those Dorset road trips, I'd sussed from Concretes posts you were going down there on Thursday (cheers for replying to the pm btw) but didn't realise you were staying down there for a few days, we could've had a Sussex vs Essex fish off! Sounds like you had just as much fun and similar results to us :thumbs:

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
nice report and great pics... A similar marathon session for us boys at the weekend reported on the Dorset trip thread by PP

wrassing off the rocks is great fun ay and Chesil just gives off that aura of fish if u know what i mean! the Dorset and Weymouth anglers are so spoilt for choice.. now dont get me wrong theres some very good fishing to have in sussex as im sure u have in essex too but i just cant help being a tad jealous!

G

·
Got to love those Dorset road trips, I'd sussed from Concretes posts you were going down there on Thursday (cheers for replying to the pm btw) but didn't realise you were staying down there for a few days, we could've had a Sussex vs Essex fish off! Sounds like you had just as much fun and similar results to us :thumbs:

We had a brilliant time, catching sixteen species in total.

Plaice
Flounder
Bream
Triggerfish
Tompot Blenny
Dragonet
Bass
Dogfish
Wrasse
Mackerel
Garfish
Gurnard
Pouting
Whiting
Codling
GG Mullet

I had a personal tally of ten species as well as most fish and King Muppet had the best specimen of the trip. The weather ruined my chance of a conger, but there's always next year.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Cracking report fellas,excellent snaps and good fishing,thats what its all about ,and of course a few beers

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
We had a brilliant time, catching sixteen species in total.

Plaice
Flounder
Bream
Triggerfish
Tompot Blenny
Dragonet
Bass
Dogfish
Wrasse
Mackerel
Garfish
Gurnard
Pouting
Whiting
Codling
GG Mullet

I had a personal tally of ten species as well as most fish and King Muppet had the best specimen of the trip. The weather ruined my chance of a conger, but there's always next year.
You trashed us on the species front as we only got 9 species but we did get a Conger and missed a few more opportunities so they were there to be caught, as you say there's always next year.

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
You trashed us on the species front as we only got 9 species but we did get a Conger and missed a few more opportunities so they were there to be caught, as you say there's always next year.
i think 'trashed' is being a bit kind to the essex boys Andy.. maybe they should man up abit and got off the shingle and done some more rockhopping like us hardcore sussex boys ay!:punk:

G

·
i think 'trashed' is being a bit kind to the essex boys Andy.. maybe they should man up abit and got off the shingle and done some more rockhopping like us hardcore sussex boys ay!:punk:
I'm afraid that two of the guys are just unable to clamber about rocks, in fact one of them had to crawl back up the shingle at Chesil on his hands and knees. His medication half fills an A4 sheet. Another one has a heart condition and was going into hospital for scans the day after we got back. The rest of us are fit and able, but it was decided that we all stuck together. Trust me, I've done more rock fishing than many on here, in fact when I think about it, I've fished in some really dangerous places in my younger and more stupid days.:)

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Thanks for sharing fellas. Great trip and report all round.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for sharing, excellent report and glad to see a good time had by all.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well done lads, cracking report and pictures. Great selection of fish caught :clap:

Andy :thumbs:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm off to Dorset soon to see family and would like to fish Chesil beach. Could you give me any guidance with regard to beach access, parking, favourable stretches of beach, bait for a day time session?
Many thanks,

G

·
I'm off to Dorset soon to see family and would like to fish Chesil beach. Could you give me any guidance with regard to beach access, parking, favourable stretches of beach, bait for a day time session?
Many thanks,
Parking is pretty easy, I quite liked Cogden with the car park at the top of the hill. A bit of a lung burster for the unfit on the way back up, but our unfit/unwell guys made it without too much bother. Rag, squid and sandeel are your main baits. I was recommended Chesil Bait and Tackle by the guys on here and have to say their bait was excellent and I'd especially like to thank the guy who lives near Chesil Cove, who was in the shop on one of the days we went in. He gave us good info and we altered our plans after talking to him and caught plenty of fish. Couldn't find the rays though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts