World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some bait left other from yesterday (50 lug, Mack and Squid) looking to go fishing tonight but do not want to go too far (or too remote) from my Home base in Witham.

Can anyone suggest any good locations within easy reaching driving distance from Witham. I have never fished the Crouch so was looking at that as a possible destination but do not have a clue where.

Not much info on the web of venues in Essex so any assistance would be greatfully received.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I have some bait left other from yesterday (50 lug, Mack and Squid) looking to go fishing tonight but do not want to go too far (or too remote) from my Home base in Witham.

Can anyone suggest any good locations within easy reaching driving distance from Witham. I have never fished the Crouch so was looking at that as a possible destination but do not have a clue where.

Not much info on the web of venues in Essex so any assistance would be greatfully received.

Thanks
Hi mate welcome to the site.
From Witham you have most of the Essex coast in reach, I am from Tiptree and fish the Blackwater a lot around Golhanger, Heybridge and Tollesbury. There are also quite a few places all around the Dengie Penninsular, on the South side of the Blackwater and the North side of the Crouch. You can park easily at North Fambridge and the Thornies may be comming in by now.
Going the other way, East Mersea maybe worth a try but has not been fishing wel ( I must admit I haven't tried there since before Christmas). St Osyth is always worth a try but there may be to many holiday makers about to make it comfortable.
Hope I have been a help, must admit very few places are fishing well at the moment.
Maybe we can meet up at some time, there are a few of us from this area and it is always good to put faces to names.
Keep your eyes open for some of the meets, they are usually a good laugh and we even catch fish sometimes.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
leave the mackeral at home and use the lug and squid from Tilbury to Grays (little crab activity) use 2 hook flappers with size 2 hooks for flounders, eels and bass

1 - 3 of 3 Posts