World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Ethie Haven

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  craig_mmv 
#1 ·
Hi guys just fished Lang Craig at Ethie Haven, parked at the holiday cottages at the bottom of the cliff {south side LUNAN BAY }short walk along the bottom of the cliffs and up through feilds and back down to Lang Craig. spot on must have been our lucky day.COD to 5lb just as the first weight hit the bottom.Landed 8 in 3hours just as it was getting dark ,on a good swell but the wind got to strong to be safe so packed up .just as we did bang, one rod then two then three all at the same time as there was only two of us we had to just leave one and try to land the others as we did the third rod bent over and i thought it was a gonner ,but we mannaged to land two cod 4lb and 5.5lb but the third one was a monster,as my mate went and struk in to it the handle on his fixspool snapped off and all hell broke loos we started to hand line it in you gest it just as it came to the top and took a look at us it shook its head and it was gone but we both saw it and it was huge but its still there for another day and we will be back trying to catch it soon .best day out for a long time...be safe DICKY

#4 ·
Ethie is 5 miles past Arbroath on the east coast of scotland .well worth a visit ,deep gullies lie just a short lob out ,rocks can be slipy hear but not to bad .the climb down is not to bad .walk along threw the feilds untill you reach the electric fence{its switched off when the sheep are not in the feild}walk along untill you see a gate that is boared up thats where you climb down . if you see a large natural stone bridge then you are there.{happy fishing}

#6 ·
Hi, Ethie Haven can be accessed 6 miles out of arbroath, we park in a farm, walk about a mile through a field and down the cliffs to the rocks.. Ethie is great for Cod, Pollock & Wrasse.. and the odd ling.
We got there at about 1pm and by 5 we'd caught cod (between 3 & 6Lbs) and a few pollock and 2 Wrasse (which i didnt like the look off) the bait we was using was fresh lug dug from Broughty Ferry in Dundee, also used crab which i caught a 6Lb cod on the next morning.. 18 fish between us in 2 days ..the scenery and wildlife is amazing too but the rocks can be dangerous so just be carefull if you go here but 10/10 and its worth the drive!

Good Luck! :)

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.