World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick report with some pictures. Started at Airds bay and caught Spurdog and Dogfish, Gave it a couple of hour's then went for sail up loch as it was a cracking day and wanted to try the Barrs for pollack. Caught some small Pollack biggest about 2lb, small whiting, cod biggest 1 1/2lb and the biggest fish of the day a 4lb Spur. Not the most productive days fishing but Steve and myself had a cracking day thinking how lucky we were to be fishing on a day like that. Looking forward to tagathon but not confirmed dates yet? think its around 10th Nov or thereabouts.

Moonshine

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi Moonshine,

Nice report and photos - I think we bumped into each other briefly as you arrived at Airds just as I was about to haul anchor.

I tried about 5 marks during the day, mainly between Airds and the Priory, but finished up well up the loch near Cadderlie. Saw you heading in from Barrs in the evening and went in myself around 8 p.m.

Finished up with a dozen small spurs and 14 thornbacks, plus more whiting than I've seen for a while (if you include a couple of head-only captures). Fish seemed pretty evenly spread across all the marks - nothing outstandingly good or bad.

As you said, not the most productive of days, but still a grand day to be out.

Cheers,
Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts