World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself bboab and steevo84 fished Inverary pier first for an hour for some fresh Mackerel for bait. We managed a few Mackerel before heading up to Etive. We arrived at Etive at 10.30pm and fished till 6am, we chucked out our baits and sat back and waited. The rachet went on my rod first and i pulled in a nice Spurdog, followed by another on the next cast.

bboab was next into a fish, he pulled in his first Thornback Ray. He was well chuffed as this is a new species for him. He followed up with another new species, his first Spurdog.

I managed to catch a small dogfish on a massive bait, greedy wee buggers will try eating anything.

bboab caught the last fish of the session, a nice wee Dab and another new species for him :wiggle:

Great fishing with you guys, lets hope our next session can produce more new species for bboab and some good fish for steevo84. Tight Lines all...

Steven

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Good report mate. That is one odd looking dab

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
nice report mate,some good photos too.

Need to meet up soon and do a bit of fishing with you mate its been a long time no see..............:bleh:

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
i guess it was you guys at the priory? we fished across from the windsock till we got pushed out by the tide and snags then headed up to the quarry area till 4am

plenty spurs around the 3 to 4lb mark and my pb 9lb 5oz couple of doggies and a few rabbits on the way home

·
Registered
461 Posts
i guess it was you guys at the priory? we fished across from the windsock till we got pushed out by the tide and snags then headed up to the quarry area till 4am

plenty spurs around the 3 to 4lb mark and my pb 9lb 5oz couple of doggies and a few rabbits on the way home
haha were you guys the boy racers whorin it down to the quarry at 4am?.well done on the rabbits mate oh and your pb.:clap:

·
Registered
461 Posts
this was my first time fishing etive and i thought it was brilliant, will defo be back there
was great mate.great fishin with you.see you again soon dude!:thumbs:

·
Registered
928 Posts
nah we left at 4am heading back to taynuilt for a sleep. was in works van so you would have probably seen it plastered with airport services on the rear doors

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice fish mate

Im heading up to Etive on Friday hoping to catch my first Spurry

Any as big as your smallest one would be tremendous for me !!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice report mate,some good photos too.

Need to meet up soon and do a bit of fishing with you mate its been a long time no see..............:bleh:
Hi Henry, let me know the next time your heading out and i will see if i can join you bud :fishing1:

Steven

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hi SHARPIE, yeah we fished Ardchattan Church, there was another 3 guys fishing there when we arrived. All they had caught was an LSD when we got there, i dont think they caught anything else but i could be wrong as we were kept busy with fish ourselves.

Ive never fished across from the windsock, i will need to give it a try sometime as the water looks quite deep there.

Congrats on your PB bud :clap:

Steven

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice fish mate

Im heading up to Etive on Friday hoping to catch my first Spurry

Any as big as your smallest one would be tremendous for me !!!
Hi Juuniior, i hope you catch your first Spurdog when you head up on Friday, i will look out for your Thread bud. Good Luck...

Steven

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Stevie your fair pulling the fish in lately!:1a:

Keep up the good work and catch up soon mate!

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
Hi Henry, let me know the next time your heading out and i will see if i can join you bud :fishing1:

Steven

no problem mate...........:happy:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stevie your fair pulling the fish in lately!:1a:

Keep up the good work and catch up soon mate!
Hi John, ive not seen butephoto on, is he still fishing?

Im itching to go out right now, ive still got the rest of the week off. I fancy heading up further than Etive for a change, see if i can catch some different species. I might try the MOG as well, catch up with Scott while im down his neck of the woods...

Steven

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Hi John, ive not seen butephoto on, is he still fishing?

Im itching to go out right now, ive still got the rest of the week off. I fancy heading up further than Etive for a change, see if i can catch some different species. I might try the MOG as well, catch up with Scott while im down his neck of the woods...

Steven
Aye he's still fishing mate! We're heading out on the boat at Etive this Saturday!

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Hi Stevie,

Long time no see. Will need to catch up soon. Been a bit of a quiet year for me with the baby but getting out again...slowly! See the Group page for photos from Etive yesterday.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Stevie,

Long time no see. Will need to catch up soon. Been a bit of a quiet year for me with the baby but getting out again...slowly! See the Group page for photos from Etive yesterday.
Hi, i hope you all had a good day up at Etive yesterday, defo need to meet up soon with you guys.

I was out at Loch Long last night with bboab, we fished from about 9pm till the back of 1am. I caught 1 LSD and that was it all night, we couldnt get onto the mark we wanted to fish as others were there already.

Steven

1 - 20 of 21 Posts