World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title, headed to Etive after work on Friday for a sesh. Bait was Tesco mackeral and See Woo squid. Stopped off at Taynuilt first for a look, but just didn't fancy it. So, it was off to my favourite mark for the night, but it was not to be. Drove onto the beach and was faced with this.

Not knowing at the time why this sign was put up, or by who, i decided to go a bit further up the loch to another easy mark.

Things were very slow, and the wind and rain came and went, then came back again. A van turned up and the three lads came over for a bit crack, turned out they were from Sunderland :laugh: They went off to another mark, which they said is a thornie hotspot, so i'll try there next time.
My first Spur came just after last light, which was very small, then a couple of hours later the rod was bouncing, and in came this.

And that is it, not another bite at all.
The next morning a local fellow came down to put a sign on the wooden seat. This was just to ask people not to camp on Tuesday as a funeral service is being held there then. I mentioned the other sign, and the bloke said it must have been the landowner, who is a cousin of the queen, who put the sign up. So there you have it, it is true that rich folk wouldn't part with there own $hite!

·
Registered
5 Posts
you wont catch much at your last picture with the two boats. its all mud their (boat on the left is my dads) only gurnards and crabs.

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts
well done on the spur mate,that sign wouldnt stop me fishing there thats for sure.still got that squid you gave a while back and still catching fish lol

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you wont catch much at your last picture with the two boats. its all mud their (boat on the left is my dads) only gurnards and crabs.
I fish with my back to the boats there.

well done on the spur mate,that sign wouldnt stop me fishing there thats for sure.still got that squid you gave a while back and still catching fish lol
Could be trying to stop us driving along the beach.
That squid must be howling by now.

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts
its on the verge of growing legs lol

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well done on the fish Makem, and remember you can't tresspass in Scotland, right to roam it's called. Also it's illegal to put raw sewage into the sea, the guy might be refering to septic tank outfall which is not nearly as bad, sounds like he wants to put people off but has no right to do so. I would just ignore it. Wash your hands before eating sandwiches though :crazy:

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
you beat the blank mate ,with a nice spurrie into the bargain.i would just ignore the sign as well,too many people takin liberties like that i think.
same with the fence/wall you crossed to get to the other mark,shouldnt be there ,in between the high and low mark.if they werent such nice folk it would already have been downed.
cheers rab

·
Registered
137 Posts
That sign really puzzles me,well done on the spurry by the way,it`s not alright to fish there but it`s alright for this cousin of the queen to pump raw sewerage into a fragile ecosystem.A septic tank is required methinks.Have had occasion to deal with this particular muppet in the past, looks like he`s forgotten that speach i gave him on scots law.Due for a refresher course i don`t doubt!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts