World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Further to one of my last trips to Etive when i posted about this.

Steve (another makem) and his pal Rab (nezi) went to the mark where this pic was taken. After they had been fishing a while in daylight they were visited by two coppers. Their details were taken as a complaint had been made by the (woman?) landowner about them being on her land and the anglers mess there (there was none) also the loud music (none of that either) The coppers left and the lads fished on. After dark two regulars off here turned up and set up camp a bit further on, (and did well apparently :thumbs:) then two different coppers turned up to ask questions.

Reet then, how about we organise a meet? Would anybody be interested? One fri/sat or sat/sun maybe? Anybody interested, hoy some dates in the hat.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The mark we fished yesterday/last night was in sh1t state crap everywhere the scumbags had left carrier bags full of rotting lug, baitbox squid wrappers sweetie papers they had a fire with live branches cut down obviously of low intelligence as it didn't burn too well, hopefully the winter weather will stop a lot of these lowlifes spoiling marks for responsible anglers

Attachments

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts
hi mate,it was myself and lee that was here on fri next to your mate,this happend 2 wks ago also where the police accused me of planting drugs then persons checked me and gave my van a check to,the lady also came over that following day and had a right old go at karlmc.ive fished here a lot of times and only have ever seen some dicarded line at most lying about always been quite tidy

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
dont listen to the silly old cow... its not her land... that grassy spit with the sign on it is an island when the water is at high tide / leaving "her land".... not hers,

the high tide line is quite a bit further up, almost at the trees... maybe up from there might be her land but below the tide / weed line is not !!!

not going to say who, but a very reputable chap who lives near by the area told me a few things about this troublesome hag

she moved next to the FARM a good few years ago and after a year..... she started trying to tell the farmer to move off her land :mellow: lol

she accuses all anglers of crapping on "HER" trees that she planted to stop the burn over flowing?... the trees are over 100 years old, she is about 80

she accuses all anglers of using a chainsaw to get fire wood from her trees she planted.... anyone with common sense knows that dead wood is needed for a fire, not fresh from a tree

i have never once seen litter at that mark.... but i think my fav mark is well and truly out in the open now so it will not suprise me if it ends up like a sess pit and il end up looking around for else where !!!!!

the sewage pipe does not pump out raw sewage either

the barbwire she has put up on the 2 stumps quite a bit below the tide line is illegal and there is not a warning sign to notify public that there is very dangerous wire there.... a kid could slice his / her throat wide open !!!!!!

i could go on with a few stories but il leave it at that

SHE IS A LOON, NUT JOB, AND A BOIL IN THE ARSE OF HUMANITY WASTING OUR TAX MONEY TO GET THE OLD BILL ALONG FOR NOTHING !!!

G

·
The mark we fished yesterday/last night was in sh1t state crap everywhere the scumbags had left carrier bags full of rotting lug, baitbox squid wrappers sweetie papers they had a fire with live branches cut down obviously of low intelligence as it didn't burn too well, hopefully the winter weather will stop a lot of these lowlifes spoiling marks for responsible anglers
emberman was this the school mark? the reason i ask is that when i was up there last week, three guys were fishing here so we went through the quarry. when we left we stopped at this mark and the fishermen had gone but the rubbish was in bags and old bait packets were everywhere. they had a fire still smuldering so hadnt been gone long. they had set fire to a tent and the poles were left lying around. old squid, mackerel and sandeels were lying around everywhere. even trees had been hacked down as there was chippings of wood so possibly an axe used.....

·
Registered
377 Posts
i quite fancy a wee trip for the additional sport! lol

make it become THE MOST POPULAR and cleanest mark there is! lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
emberman was this the school mark? the reason i ask is that when i was up there last week, three guys were fishing here so we went through the quarry. when we left we stopped at this mark and the fishermen had gone but the rubbish was in bags and old bait packets were everywhere. they had a fire still smuldering so hadnt been gone long. they had set fire to a tent and the poles were left lying around. old squid, mackerel and sandeels were lying around everywhere. even trees had been hacked down as there was chippings of wood so possibly an axe used.....
That's oot of order , u always leave the place as u found it ...
i hate that the way they burn the tents it just leaves a big smoldering mess ...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That's oot of order , u always leave the place as u found it ...
i hate that the way they burn the tents it just leaves a big smoldering mess ...
Quite near that mark, it does **** you off seeing marks spoilt, we always have heavy duty rubbish bags in the van and clear up marks if they are manky and put it in the skip by the priory on the way out, these ars---les are just going to spoil it for everyone else!!!!!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
We took all our crap with us yesterday including my chair that snapped when i got up quickly to get a bite.
Its disgusting that some folk leave rubbish at a beautiful place like this. Yesterday was my first time at Etive and i was actually quite impressed with how tidy some of the marks were, but obviously this is not always the case.

That lady does sound like a bit of a hag,, lets hope she doesn't cause any more bother in the future,, it would be better to maybe not give her any abuse though and give her any form of ammunition to get the police on her side.
As for burning tents and plastics..... thats a disgrace...

·
Banned
460 Posts
The coppers themselves were not impressed at being called out.

Unfortunately they still have to attend the incident regardless of who phones them out.

"The Old Hag" needs a swift kick up her arse but alas even that wouldn't work.

How about some reverse psychology?

Approach her first, smother her in compliments, make her feel needed and seek her advice on anything/nothing. Once she has a change of attitude then promise her the earth and agree that the land should be left in a proper and tidy state. Which of course you reinforce that YOU will do regardless of others around you.

Sometimes appearing to be sympathetic and sensible works a treat:spiteful:

·
Registered
377 Posts
i am sure she used to be pretty decent, didn't mind the anglers one bit, in fact it was known for her to do the odd bacon roll. even home baking was not unusual. that is until "duffer" stopped returning her calls! :fish:

regards any abusive behaviour, that would be as good as leaving litter

·
Registered
928 Posts
i for one will be down that area the night of the 23rd all day 24th and 25th this month only heading away to fish the sick kids at elliot on sunday.

if you want a meet that weekend count me in

·
Registered
596 Posts
I was at the slip at taynult yesterday and myself and the other guy there cleaned up our trash and used the bin next to the carpark. There was some folk camping who were setting fires but they were not fishing.
If its the mark i was told about i think a wee trip up with my cop friend that will shut the old hag up if she calls the police LOL. Done for wasting police time. Let me hazard at a guess shes ENGLISH by chance? does not know the law in SCOTLAND.
One other thing i noticed with the sign if there is NOT raw sewage then some one should let Scottish water know and they will report her and destroy her signage

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts
I was at the slip at taynult yesterday and myself and the other guy there cleaned up our trash and used the bin next to the carpark. There was some folk camping who were setting fires but they were not fishing.
If its the mark i was told about i think a wee trip up with my cop friend that will shut the old hag up if she calls the police LOL. Done for wasting police time. Let me hazard at a guess shes ENGLISH by chance? does not know the law in SCOTLAND.
One other thing i noticed with the sign if there is NOT raw sewage then some one should let Scottish water know and they will report her and destroy her signage
think the signage has vanished anyway:bye2:

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts
post edited

1 - 20 of 50 Posts