World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Etive on Saturday night with two forum members and two non-forum members.

We went to the quarry side arriving about 9ish. Once there we set up camp got rods in water and got a wee fire going to stave off the midges.

The water was flat calm, scenery was amazing then it got dark and stars just littered the night sky with shooting stars in abundance.

As for the fishing it was quiet for an hour though a wee rattle on a ratchet made us think there were fish there. Then the first fish a spurry @ about 4lb. Next my rod starts to go and I start bringing it in. i was getting excited my first fish from etive then it broke the surface it was a spurry for me, a first, but not yet as the wee b****r got off not to worry i thought, plenty more fish and all that. So i chucked out my line again using same macky bait from previous catch then it goes again this time I landed my first ever spurry at about 4lb big smile on my face.

An hour later another spurry around 4lb mark then we get one at 7 and a half.

We went for a sleep with rods still in water. When we woke up we started bringing the rods back in and the last one who hadnt caught had a wee spurry about 2lb on.

All in all a great night the fishing could have been better but the scenery, weather and company sure made up for it, as did catching my first ever spurry. Will definitely be returning soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
me and my m8 were at the etive at the weekend and were camping we had a good couple of days fishing nothing that big but good anyway i remember looking at the sky on sat night it was amazin the fishing was good to good post m8.

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
2,909 Posts
Good report there but looking at the last piccie is the gaff not abit OTT???

Paul

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
It looks like you've shoved the scales through it's mouth mate, please tell me you didn't?

Mibbies time to invest in a sling......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts