World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left straight after work at 5pm friday and met my neighbour at tesco in inverness, got the supplies and headed for the windsock.

30 miles away grumpa (neil) called my to say he was leaving the flat rock and he had been feeling sh1t for 4 days, change of plan head straight to flat rock and collect the bait neil had left for me.

arrived at the rock about 9 -9.30 and met up with ian (hui)

fished till about 2.30 with not much to be had only 1 small spur.

back up about 8.30 saturday morning, kenny (my neighbour) caught a star fish then i had one next i had a few pollock on float fished rag. a wee while after i hooked what i thought was a baby lobster but then i thought it looked more like a huge prawn (languistine). then a crab.

ian was catching plenty very red cod from the wee shelf just around the corner.

ian then left much to his dissappointment but the wife had told him to get home!!!!

i had on saturday
1 starfish
1 crab
1 languistine
6 pollock
4 cod (to 3lb)
2 whiting
4 poor cod
1 doggie
6 small spurs (all about the 1 lb mark)

got up sunday still raining so had about an hour with only 1 pollock and 1 whiting to show so we headed home

quite surprised to see the amount of people fishing Ballachullish slipways and the mackie bashers at ft william

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
well done fella, you persiveird ( bad spelling lol ) with the weather and got a few fish :) im sure your big spurr will come soon!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and thornie i hope!!

forgot to say i kept the biggest cod for cooking up but that bl00dy mink stole it!!!!! i only realised when i heard a rustling behind me and it was in a carrier bag trying to steal a mackie!!!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
well i know who txted me now (my blackberry has eaten my contacts temporarily :nono:) good sesh :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
well in there sharpie a fine weekend shame about the rain nice of you to fatten up the mink it will mack a fine fur hat some day

catch up with you sometime

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how did it go today malky?

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
top effort sharpie ,you must be due that big un soon ,me and harris went through Ft William a couple of weeks ago and it was full of the mackie bashers trying their luck

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
well done sharpie least you stuck it out shame on the sizes thoe but fishing is fishing.

im blaming this for my run of bad luck

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wtf were you doing praying for big ones?

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
was hoping the rain would stop at the priory last year,and thats after a donation to the church

·
Registered
131 Posts
BAD LUCK WITH THE WEATHER SHARPIE I WAS AT TH QUARY ON SUNDAY DID NO BAD WITH THE FISHING AND THE WEATHER CHANGED LATER ON THE DAY :sun: IN FACT WE HAD A BBQ LATER ON THE DAY I SEEN YOU DRIVING PAST THAT DAY BETTER TIMING THE NEXT TIME :thumbs:

·
Registered
903 Posts
u done better than me sharpie . me and the brother inlaw were at the priory sat/sun and only got 2 gunards and a whitting oh and a shower a long one lol may c u next time tight lines the fox.::ph34r:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts