World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We decided to hit Etive today got there about 1ish not a touch on the bigrods for 2 hours so we decided to do a bit of spinning I was using Shimmer eels Caroline was on the float, it was a Pollack a cast, Caroline managed a cracking red one just over 5lb and a cod at 3lb 4 oz my best Pollack just unger 3lb, Spurs came on just as the sun was setting, we had 19 between us, best was a female at 7lb ( tagged ), the rest males 1lb - 4lb and 2 codling 2lb and 1 just under 3lb overall a really relaxing day apart from Caroling getting spiked from a spur, she got it in the bend of the arm though nothing of it, until I noticed her hoody was covered it blood! pulled the sleeve up it was spurting got her in the vein, had to put a pressure bandage on it thank christ it stopped, thought it was going to spoil the fishing!!!!

Attachments

Registered
lovely fish again john, sorry to hear that caroline got spiked they can be serious injuries if they get you in the wrong place.

Registered
another great days fishing john ,hope caroline is ok,sounds a nasty one.
that last cod looks stuffed to the gunnels,nice to see there are a fair few of them about.
cheers rab

Registered
Great session,report and pictures. Hope that "spur jab" heals quickly. There but for the grace of God go I !!!!! Got my first spurdog last week and misidentified it as a smoothie. :oops: I was VERY lucky not to get jabbed. I will be more careful in the future

John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.