World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going up to etive next sunday so how has it been fishing from the shore.still to decide witch mark yet.any info
thanks.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i havnt been for a while because it wasnt fishing too good didnt blank but very poor results let us know how you get on tight lines

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Tried the bit at the airport 2 weeks ago - it was dire , 10 anglers 3 fish and 2 of them tiddlers !!!
I would try round about the quarry area

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Peter I believe you're talking about the windsock. That bit was dire when I fished it, best to head up into the Loch itself.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
go up to the flat rock mate its about the best for allday fishing but it is exposed up there take a tent or something meant to be snowing on sunday:notworthy

·
Registered
92 Posts
How does etive fish in summer cos i'm up that way for a week in august and any info would be helpfull.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
going up to etive next sunday so how has it been fishing from the shore.still to decide witch mark yet.any info
thanks.
going up tonight guys will let you know in this weather though will need to fish deep probably priory as im fishing outgoing tide and low water for most of the night maybe move to flat rock in da morning no too keen though the weather is stinkin

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
cheers mate but i cannae get oot it my uncles determined hes mad i know we will prob blank but if i pull out i will never hear the end of it

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
cheers mate but i cannae get oot it my uncles determined hes mad i know we will prob blank but if i pull out i will never hear the end of it
tight lines anyway ryan , etives got to start fishin at some point , so you never know :giveup: :giveup:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
got there(flat rock) at 10 pm last night never even got my rod in the water the wind was howling.set up at 6am this morning first two casts small whiting then third a 2 and a half pound codlingthen the wind went up really bad then we went home but i noticed i wasnt the only one on the loch three guys where just down a bit from flat rock and there was a blue boat filled with fishers heading down to the far end of etive so maybe im not mad i do hope somebody cought something decent

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
dont know but just after they went by i nearly got blew off my feet and a blizzard started and i remember thinking poor guys shelling out to go out in a boat in that the weather must have been bad for days when i got to flat rock i found an abandoned tent, baseball cap ,gloves and loads of leads andtackle lying about someone must have left in a hurry

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
dont know but just after they went by i nearly got blew off my feet and a blizzard started and i remember thinking poor guys shelling out to go out in a boat in that the weather must have been bad for days
It would have been Ronnie as it would have been the only place fishable yesterday. The wind really picked up during Friday night, then eased off around 9am for a couple of hours before picking back up. By 2pm the whole of the Sound of Mull was just one big white horse.. not nice for a :boat:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
i know what you mean davy the falls of lora where some sight today ive never seen it so rough there was a big blue boat moored up right in the middle and another identical boat further up both had pnumatic jibs onboard dont know what for but they they where getting tossed about like corks roll on summer eh

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
there was a big blue boat moored up right in the middle and another identical boat further up both had pnumatic jibs onboard dont know what for but they they where getting tossed about like corks roll on summer eh
Interesting.. it aint Ronnie then.. unless he's fitted a jib :)

roughly what length were the boats?

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Me and two pals got to etive yesterday about 4.00 pm, our first time there. Went to the church first, didn't bother, howling wind in our faces so we headed for Taynuilt slipway, driving sleet. A blue boat dropped some anglers off at the slipway and one pointed us in the direction of a sheltered mark but we couldn't find a way to it so we headed for Fyne. Waist of good bait really, but will go back and try again
Bow

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
bettcha mister B would have tried it davy!!:giveup: :boat: :giveup: he,ll be up there next sat btw, for the next five weeks !:clap3: :clap3:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts