World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out with Jerry (Jerry o wick) on Wednesday evening for a bass session at Dunnet. Met up with Jerry at 4 pm to collect some bait, after about 1 hr we had enough lug for the evening and headed up the beach to see what the weed condition was, 1st spot was out as the water was red with the weed so gave that a miss and went further up the beach to an area that was clear of weed, by now the tide had bottomed out and had started back in. Set up 1 rod with sandeel and the other with lug got these out and let them soak for a bit, no sign of any rattles but after 20 mins back comes empty hooks with just shreds o bait left, rebait and move everything back as the tide was rising fast now fair running up the beach this pattern repeats itself untill about mid tide then the baits start coming back untouched. As we get pushed over a slight sandbank i get a double shot o flatties which are duly returned and then it goes quiet again for a bit until Jerry gets a small flat, by now the tide has pushed us well up the beach and we are fishing in the gully behind the small sand back previously mentioned and finally we start getting decent bites. Jerry connects with a decent rattle that produces the 1st Bass of the night. This is it the bites start piling in to the point where 2 mins after cast and i finally get me 1st Bass ever a lovely wee fish which is carefully unhooked and returned. get a few more fish each and then me rod goes mental and i think i have got a bigger fish on for it to turn out to be a double shot o schoolies.. all welcome none the less, the bites keep coming thick and fast for the next 30 mins to an hour over high water then starting the thin out. Finally call it a night at about 12.45 am and head home.

Final fish count 5 flats and 5 bass for me 3 flats and about 9 bass for Jerry all in all a good night.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
515 Posts
yeah m8 it was very slow to start with, i did think it was going to be one of those nights where we were'nt:uhuh: going to get anything, i dont know if it had anything to to with the darkness or when the tide came over that bank, but it was good going,:fishing: when it started, with bites every cast, i also lost a good few fish too.

we'll have to give it another go:fishing1: before you go home.

cant get the pics off my phone, i think it may have something to do with me droping it in the water.:sad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts