World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Haven't written a report in a long time due to not getting the time to go out fishing as frequent as I used to.
fished the above mark yesterday evening (14th) fished 2 rods one set up with a one up one down rig with a 2 oz rolling lead and the other rod a simple running ledger with a 3 0z lead. had a good mixture of bait opting to use the lug and rag worm on the one rod and squad on the ledger.

Got there nice and early was nice to just chill In the sun and take my time to get back into things.
started off slow towards the high tide I managed a nice fish good few taps on my small flattie rod.
once I retrieved I was greeted by this lovely fellar. not sure whether it is a plaice or a flounder had more orange marks than usual? for a flounder?
IMG_0739[1].jpg
fishing picked up soon after the first hooking on to this small schoolie bass off squid on the ever reliable running ledger. IMG_0740[1].jpg

first hour on the turning fishing really started to pick up immediate bites as soon as the rigs were freshly baited and back in the water.

IMG_0741[1].jpg

during the turn I managed a small whiting and flounder. to which came a handful of small flounders as the tide started to draw back out.

sadly my phone died as darkness fell damn you silly iphone!:uhuh:

fished the tide right back onto the beach catching another 2 keepers 2 decent size flounder which I managed to photograph before they took to the knife!

IMG_0753[1].jpg

all in all a great little cheeky session after a days work!

finished the session on 7 flounder 1 possible plaice? a bass and a pin head whiten.

with 3 keepers for the freezer!

king rag proving to be the top catcher with the majority of fish taking it.

thoroughly enjoyed getting back into fishing and hope its the first of many trips out this summer.

Thanks for reading!

Luke :clap2:

IMG_0754[1].jpg

·
Registered
628 Posts
they all flounder but its the lateral line that run down the body will show which is which but good report and hope one finds more time to fish

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
What a cracking session, well done

·
Registered
292 Posts
Where is this mate? Never been there like the easy fishing venues
It's behind County Hall, large white building opposite Swansea Prison on Oystermouth/Mumbles Road.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys ! It's only a 5 min drive from
Me so will be a popular choice after work !

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good session! How many hours before high tide does the water reach the wall? Aren't there steps there too, where you can walk down to fish the beach?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was water against the wall a good hour and a half before high tide yes there are steps to get down

1 - 12 of 12 Posts