World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help us out guys.
some time ago my fishing buddy posted a thread about banff harbour and the threat that the traditional boat users were going to be ousted unless we accepted an increase in mooring fees of around 400%. The reason for this is that Aberdeenshire council intend turning the harbour into a marina for yachts and will leave no places for the fishing boats. The only way we can berth is to accept a berth for a yacht serviced with water and electricity. Accepting that will put fees up from £220 per year to over £800 per year. Up here in the north of scotland we have such a short season already we couldnt justify the increase. could you justify £800 for a box of mackerel and a couple of cod? Around 95% of harbour users are against a full marina but would like to see part of the harbour developed to increase tourism. please go and sign our petition at
http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/Banffharbour/
or visit http://www.banffharbour.co.uk/
and click on the opinions page cheers guys and gals.
dont let us down

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hello, I signed the petition - good luck

D

·
0 Posts
u a female.....always got sumthin to say lol.......................................................................digred

F

·
0 Posts
Lodged my vote. Is there any way of reading the others comments placed on the petition?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Can I have a little bit of clarification about "traditional fishing boats" ultimatecodfather, are we talking pleasure angling boats, charter boats, or trawlers & gill netters here?
The talk of "boxes of mackerel" tends to make me cautious about signing any petition, until I know who I am supporting! If you are "traditional fishing boats" ie trawlers that are looking for support, bring on the yachts!
blueskip

D

·
0 Posts
i always up l8 poach, i'm a bleddy insomniac lol................................

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would take a bare faced skipper to post for help on a sea angler site those guys have cleaned out our seas then expect goverment to subsidise as they scoop up shoals of our belloved cod. were the guys with small unlicenced boats and the boxes of mackeral are frozen down for winter cod bait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts