World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gynn has always been reliable for at least a few fish,this year so far it's been a bit naff.
The sand bars are constantly blasted away by the rough seas,tons of festering scrap metal on the sands does'nt help.
Every time it rains we get loads of straw,grass etc washing down from the Ribble & Wyre making fishing a nightmare.
The dogfish are slow making an appearance in any numbers so far,though whiting have been caught in july!
Bass........:whistling
So far flounders are the mainstay apart from the odd good bag of smuts/rays.
Can anyone remember when the Gynn really turned up trumps?:giveup:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I didn't think it could get worse than last year after all that rain...but i can honestly say this year has been terrible.
The sea has not changed from its winter appearance...apart from a couple of days when we had east winds.
The bass have stayed well off shore and there is little sign of any improvement.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
The Gynn has always been reliable for at least a few fish,this year so far it's been a bit naff.
The sand bars are constantly blasted away by the rough seas,tons of festering scrap metal on the sands does'nt help.
Every time it rains we get loads of straw,grass etc washing down from the Ribble & Wyre making fishing a nightmare.
The dogfish are slow making an appearance in any numbers so far,though whiting have been caught in july!
Bass........:whistling
So far flounders are the mainstay apart from the odd good bag of smuts/rays.
Can anyone remember when the Gynn really turned up trumps?:giveup:

bit bored phil ...........................................

i'd have never have guessed :roll1::roll1:

tightlines.....................daz

·
Registered
821 Posts
Reckon I'd have to go back to the times long ago before I had a big gap in my fishing (maybe to the late 80's, mid 90's) when it really was a hotspot for both the warm and cold weather species with good catches regularly for most of the year and only bettered, from my experience, by further north at Rossall for the winter codling and whiting - that's gone off lately as well!. Only my personal experience as I wasn't fishing again till about 2 years ago, so may have been better from the mid nineties to mid 2000's - others will no doubt report.

Phil :bye2:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i have had quite a good year off the wall so far i did have one blank but i was fishing big crab baits for smuts or rays and missed 2 cracking bites that day, i have had rays, smuts and bass along with the flounders tope bads and weavers.

I have not fished it as often as a lot of you over the last couple of months though when it seems the fishing has been at its worst

I will be there today trying though so will report back later :)

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Been very patchy for a few years but i have had some good days and bad but thats sea fishing its a big strech of water and you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Just look at the fishing off the pier the fish are out there. They are just not comming within casting range off the shore most days like my signature you dont know unless you have a go ROLL on winter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts