World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
heading down to see some friends near Exmouth this weekend. Before I packed the LRF gear, I wondered what the state of play was with the works at the docks/marina as people have mentioned access difficulties in previous posts. Is it all finished now?
Cheers, Ian.

G

·
Works not finished but you can access a small area by the mouth of the docks. I had a good couple of hours LRF the other day ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. Yes, found that only accessible place due to the works on the slipway and the residential development was from the "compass". Had two mornings fishing the large slack between the rocks and whatever that structure is at the marina entrance. Fished hour either side of high tide with my lad. Had loads of small pollock, corkwing and ballan wrasse, shannies, tompots and a few bass. He had more on the bait rod (scaled down one down, two up rig with bits of rag), but I was having to unhook and rebait for him all the time! Hopefully other areas will become available again when the works have finished.

WP_20160903_005.jpg
bass[1].jpg
WP_20160903_09_04_43_Pro_e[1].jpg
WP_20160903_009[1].jpg
IMG_7882[1].JPG
WP_20160903_004[1].jpg

G

·
Well done mate, glad you found a spot and a few fish.

Until just a couple of days ago it was possible to fish a small area on the other side that is being built on but they are kicking people off there now apparently. Somebody cast across a RIB and upset a few people by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shame - doesn't leave you with many options if there's somebody on the compass. I did try the marina side of that structure (what is it?), but didn't get a sniff bizarrely.

G

·
Yeah it's quite limited for space at the moment! Hopefully the new slipway will be open soon though.

I'm not sure what that structure is, possibly a disused part of the old docks? It's strange how different parts fish very differently even just a few yards apart. It's the same on the other side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts