World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to locate my boat, a Hardy Navigator 18, at Exmouth and without giving away personal secrets, I wonder if anyone can suggest some suitable fishing locations within say 10 miles of the port to get me started in the area.
I have GPS. If you can help, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Kismet - just started Launching at Exmouth and am in the same position as you were last year.. did you get any joy - where do you go ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Kismet, I've had a fair bit of luck at Budleigh, drifting live sandeel over the reef that extends out from the mouth of the River Otter. It's a pretty well known mark, so I don't think I'm going to cause anyone too much grief by passing this info on to you! :) I'm just fishing from a dinghy though - someone with a proper(!) boat might be able to give a bit more advice!

There's a pretty good book called 'Sea Fishing in South Devon' by Hugh Stoker that you can find on ebay from time to time (it's out of print) that should point you in the right direction. There's one for grabs on ebay at the moment actually:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sea-Fishing-i...oryZ1126QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts