World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys ,my mates have all just started sea fishing and went fishing down to barry at the weekend to give it a go,and decided to fish off the back of barry harbour with jacksons bay to ur right ,and bought the following items to go.( they did have a bit )5 of them went

2 rod/reel outfits £80
ragworm £20
herring(no mack) £3
10 weights £16.50 overall total =£177.60
1 shockleader £2.50
2 pks hooks £ 2.35
1 box of hooks £3.25
15 assorted cast £30
petrol £20

they went at 0600 hrs on sun came back at 2000 sun ,no fish ,and no tackle left to make new casts ,would you say they enjoyed paying all that money to get wet and cold .

·
Registered
50 Posts
ah its pretty expensive to start but as u go along getting bits here and there it works out cheap, except the bait unless u dig your own.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I must remember to go to that mark at low water on the next big spring tide, sounds like a healthy place to stock up on tackle, unfortunately our learner brethren had a short sharp shock! However it will get easier, the apprenticeship lasts a lifetime, but you do become an "improver" after 10/15yrs, Ha, Ha, Ha
blueskip

·
Registered
287 Posts
Tell your mates that they need to start on a more tackle freindly vanue like a sandy beach or key wall and piers and build up to the rough stuff . Don't run before you can walk . I'm shore we've all been Noddys at the start. You as a freind should nurture them and tell them to keep the faith .and join the forum .

failing that tell them sh1t happen so times . Hee Hee

·
Registered
16 Posts
Keep it up lads ! it can be expensive but sometimes it can be worth it !
tackle wise !! £80 for two rod + reel set ups ! now that can`t be bad !! to think what i paid for my last reel alone !!!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Blueskip,

I've been at it for over 50 years and still learning. Every time I go out I learn something different.

Cheers

Drew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts