World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been watching the fishing programs while working for the past couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has tried some of the course fishing techniques in the sea. Paste, boillies etc.

I've never fished this method in fresh water but the scent trails that these things produce look as though they should work in the sea. Am definatelly going to give it try with the sea scents (marine, fish etc) will probably miss the strawberry and other wierd flavours though:uhuh: . All I have to do is figure out how feeders, paste bombs, hair rigs etc attach to the line.

Anyone tried this? Comments appreciated cheers Johnj

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Have always experimented with my course fishing tequniques in the sea. Big halibut pellets drilled and threaded on are great for maintaining a constant attractant and last crab attacks and are still their long after bait has gone, as it cotton wool inside a feeder loaded with flavoured oil.

Paste made from black lugg, macky and anything else I could throw in the mixer accounted for a brillliant session on Coley last year off Holyhead breakwater, I should think they could smell it in Ireland ! PMSL

PVA bags, ribbons can easily be used to loose feed and leave a trail to your hook bait for flatties, boilies I tend to find breakdown to slowly, but flavoured meat, fried to toughen it up works.

I use all my methods alongside conventional baits, a squirt of WD40 has its momments if all else fails. Saying that Scopex spray has proved very successful in the past for better whiting and thats yummy caramel !

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Been watching the fishing programs while working for the past couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has tried some of the course fishing techniques in the sea. Paste, boillies etc.

I've never fished this method in fresh water but the scent trails that these things produce look as though they should work in the sea. Am definatelly going to give it try with the sea scents (marine, fish etc) will probably miss the strawberry and other wierd flavours though:uhuh: . All I have to do is figure out how feeders, paste bombs, hair rigs etc attach to the line.

Anyone tried this? Comments appreciated cheers Johnj
i have tried the halibut pellets crushed up and mixed in with tuna oil old mackie guts and everything else thats going off i have had fish everytime using the pellets but there is no saying i wouldnt have done anyway i used an old film canister with holes in it to let out the scent, stuck on to a pulley rig above the weight you will have to try it as you wont be satisfied until you do ,i think you can get big feeders now for the sea fishing:)

·
Registered
393 Posts
"Paste made from black lugg, macky and anything else I could throw in the mixer accounted for a brillliant session on Coley last year off Holyhead breakwater, I should think they could smell it in Ireland !"

Thinks, :g: If you ever receive an invitation to eat at Sally's place then check that she's washed out the mixer before cooking!!!! :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
"Paste made from black lugg, macky and anything else I could throw in the mixer accounted for a brillliant session on Coley last year off Holyhead breakwater, I should think they could smell it in Ireland !"

Thinks, :g: If you ever receive an invitation to eat at Sally's place then check that she's washed out the mixer before cooking!!!! :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:
i was just thinking that ,i wonder if she wears a black hat and puts in some eye of newt lol
like the hallibut boilies idea btw
only kidding sally

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

I've been trying 32mm halibut pellets on their own off and on for a couple of months, so far with no success :(

I'll keep trying them for a while longer as the fishing aint exactly been hot with the normal baits.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies and pointers.... I will report back when I've figured out what I'm going to do:g:. Thought is to buy Marine ground bait as mixer, add crushed fish flavoured pelets, then add some crab. Try and make it oily as possible. Cheers Johnj

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Thanks for the replies and pointers.... I will report back when I've figured out what I'm going to do:g:. Thought is to buy Marine ground bait as mixer, add crushed fish flavoured pelets, then add some crab. Try and make it oily as possible. Cheers Johnj
sounds like a good plan john let us know how it goes it could be a good way of getting a large amount of scent in the water you just have to find what they want:blink:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I like the film canister feeders aswell mate, although some of the commercially available Kamasan and drennan ones ar good too. I use a variety of 'sea' based grounbait mixes, although salmon and tuna catfood is good (especially for doggies!:() either dug in trenches and buried or in a feeder. I have also used trout pellets, sweetcorn, bread and groundbait before when fishing for mullet aswell. Never used boiles, but have have often wondered???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts