World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thats bad news - I have just been talking to Blueskip about them today - they were shortlisted for a new one next season - is there any connection between Explorer and Endeavour boats ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I'm aware they are not connected, although geographicaly quite close ( Liverpool & Wallasey)
Shame really, as I often pass the unit where they are made and 'thought' they would do well.
even though the company goes into liquidation, it does not necessary mean the end of that model boat, as someone may take it over

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome to the site, bad news about Brian but I am sure he will be back.

Why not tell us about the boats you make and what fantastic deals you are offering to WSF members. :D

There are a couple on here looking to buy a new boat it would be good to have your input.

·
Registered
182 Posts
endeavour boats said:
hello there,
i can tell you that Endeavour Boats are not connected with Explorer. But i can tell you that i did design and build the Explorer 500/2000 2 and a half years before the Explorer Elite existed
steve

I bought my first proper boat a few months ago - an Explorer 2000. I congratulate you on a great boat - had hours of fun in her already and off again to Cornwall now for the next few days

·
Registered
216 Posts
hi violet,

yes it was a good boat.
But as with most things, they can be updated. so when i left Grp Design Ltd (as it was then), i set out to design a better boat, using the same hull and a totally new top. The mk1 endeavour had a removable cuddy which proved to be very popular. But it cost too much to make. Over the winter of 03/04 i decided to try and make a few changes, i dropped the height of the cabin by nearly 2 inches and moulded the cuddy into the deck mould. We also made the engine well 12 inches wider. So it is now made similar to the Warrior/Explorer. But when you look more into the interior, we designed new bunks which incorporated a battery locker and reccessed isolator switch. And the seat lids are manufactured out of grp (not pre fab plastic lockers).
We don't mass produce our boats like other companies and don't intend to. All our boats are made to order and our customers requirements remain our prioity.

Steve

www.endeavourboats.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
As far as I'm aware they are not connected, although geographicaly quite close ( Liverpool & Wallasey)
Shame really, as I often pass the unit where they are made and 'thought' they would do well.
even though the company goes into liquidation, it does not necessary mean the end of that model boat, as someone may take it over
Hi there,
I know your message was posted quite some time ago but,as new joint owner of the Explorer Elite boat moulds thought I would just let you know that the boat is still being manufactured by a husband and wife team, (in Spain) to the same high standard that Brian was producing, plus many more extras as a standard boat.
This year we will have the new internal mould finished, which will give the boat a much needed internal makeover.
Hopefully ! this year will be the rebirth of this great little fishing boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,543 Posts
Great to hear that it'll be back - I've owned an Elite since 2003, still looks as good as new and it's been a great boat. Look forward to seeing the improvements - I had a rear seat moulded by a local company - will this be offered as factory option now?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts