World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from boat trip fi Eyemouth, we fish'd from 1.30 to 7.30. We had good fishin and weather the day. Fish landed cod to about 6lb, pollock to about the same size. Mackie's/coalies/ling/wrasse/pouting/and a ssss, got to say the prize goes to nev for the most bizarre catch of the day, suits you sir(lol). There were a few boats out this afternoon, any u guy. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A'd like to thank Davie for passin on his unused lug to me last night. Cheers m8.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
nice few hours afloat mate and indeed a bizarre catch! on my few trips so far this summer from st andrews i haven't had anything on boat bigger than 5lbs! today tho there was virtually no drift the entire time in the bay but we still caught a few cod to 4lbs and a 5lb pollack on my float so not too bad considering,tomorrow i'm planning on catching a few mackies then anchoring up off babbet ness and concentrating on float fishing and spinning for pollack.
i think the first fish on boat bigger than 5lbs will be a pollack this year,cheers,bill.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ha you beat me to it Trev, I am still having probs getting the pic off the phone and onto the computer.

I was gong to post it up and ask if anyone could verify if it was a new species or not :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys, yeah pete what a shock he got when he pull that thing in. Am still tryin to get a decent cod or pollock to take home, think the biggest cod a had the day was about two pound, so back it went, o pete they shads were workin the day.cheers.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
glad some peeps are catching fish, 2 weeks and one bloomin coalie well done trev and crew, right noo i would settle for catching another lobster pot

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey nev the colours on it are fab, beats that cockoo wrasse fi last time out. Ha ha. They seem to work for cod pete, Alan had much the same but pink and White and he was gettin fish on them infact am sure he had a couple o cod on the jelly worms as well the day. Don't know about lobster pots John but nev had to settle for a kids toy. Am sure ur due a good Putin John.cheers.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
dunno trev ma backs still hurting from sesh two weeks ago its kinda holdin me back a bit the noo but at least i managed to burn oot the callus on ma foot with acid stuff so rock hopping wont be so painful catch up with ya sometime cheers the noo

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Well done on your catches and a good variety too....That pic nice colors do you think that belonged to a school of fish :laugh:.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers mike, think it's a new species of bottom feeder to the area(lol). Sorry fishwife didn't no u were a forum member, can u put up a wee report as to what and size was caught on ur side o the boat.cheers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok here goes...what i can remember anyway...my head went into the clouds a bit after that cod..lol...was using my boat rod and not really getting anywhere so after an hour and a half got the wee ugly stik spinner out...stuck mackie feathers and a 2oz weight on it and chucked it in...then i thought...oh heck...i've hit mackies...was struggling to pull it up...rod was nearly bent double and the skipper was standing behind me telling me to put some welly into it...then suddenly he shouts...STOP STOP...you'll no get that up wi that wee rod....so he grabbed the net and brought it up...then looked at my rig in total disbelief...he said how the hell did u manage to even get near the bottom wi a 2oz weight...by the way...it's my P.B.will add the rest of the report later when brian refreshes my memory.:lmao:

hope i added the pic. right!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a decent cod, a knew there was decent fish gettin landed, some nice pollock as well. It was only Allan that had any decent fish around us. Good pic, hard to believe the change in the weather by the time we got up the road.cheers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ahhh... So now I know who you all are from the Forum ! Graeme here i was the one that had my boat rod snap ! Got my Ling around 5lbs and cod which was around 3.5lbs.
Really enjoyed the trip out yesterday and hopefully get back out with a few of you at eyemouth or etive ?

Graeme

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's a decent cod, a knew there was decent fish gettin landed, some nice pollock as well. It was only Allan that had any decent fish around us. Good pic, hard to believe the change in the weather by the time we got up the road.cheers.
aye...all you could hear from the skipper was "need the net again allan".lol...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts