World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Berwick upon tweed for a couple of day's this week and ended up going boat fishing :boat:
Day 1
So dead chuffed off I went to Eyemouth and went of on the " North Star" got to say very clean boat,,,, that was because we saw next to no action at all !!
Skipper was clearly only there for the money and "hugged" the coast by at least half a mile going up as far as St Abbs and as far as Burnmouth.
Total fish for 8am to 1pm was five mackie and two undersized cod, returned of course.

Day 2
Still happy set off for Amble to go on " The Uploader " , what a difference,,,, we were motoring for over a hour ,, heading to Norway was my thoughts !
35 Nautical miles later we were fishing wrecks at least six of them during the day. :victory:
It was blazing sunshine and 24 degrees,,,,sunburn heaven,,ouch.
Total fish for 8am to 3pm was,
9 Ling ( 6 - 9lbs )
14 Cod ( 4 - 8 1/2 lbs )

Will def go back to Amble only difference in price was Eyemouth £25, Amble £30

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, yes I did mean the upholder,, doh.

As for Eyemouth, it just felt like the skipper of that boat wasn't interested in anything apart from mackie getting caught and even then he didn't look interested at any point apart from making tea/coffee.
I may fish from Eyemouth again but I doubt it will be on the north star again.

Sean

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
the skippers are a waste of time there!!!!!!! ... hope they read this

glad your second day was ok tho

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Nice one. Fished from the "Upholder" out of Amble myself two years ago. The skipper always goes that extra yard for you.

John

·
Registered
146 Posts
if u go to eyemouth use martin spouse or his son was out with his son 2 weeks ago had over 100 fish.and amble use davy upholder one off the best skippers on the east coast ps try seahouses unity is a good boat we use him all the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts