World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

am goign out for a wee boat fishing session from eyemouth in a few weeks. Thi will be my first trip in many many years and I was wondering what I could expect (hope) to catch ?

Any hints or tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Hiya, Last time we fished from Eyemouth ( exactly like Dunbar) I/we had Cod,Coalie, Mackeral Pollock, Ling, SSS, and a few other species, which unfortunately I cant remember now,...what boat are you out on ??? :):)

Myself and Big-Haddie fished Dunbar last weekend, (just up the coast) and had Cod,Ling,tiny Coalie, and Pollock...:)

Get yourself some Hokkais..Big and small sizes....and bait them up, with Mussel, Rag,Squid,or Mackeral they are easy to use, and set up....and use a rotten bottom too...I lost loads of weights, and I was using RB too :):)

Have a great trip..

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
[
Get yourself some Hokkais..Big and small sizes....and bait them up, with Mussel, Rag,Squid,or Mackeral they are easy to use, and set up....and use a rotten bottom too...I lost loads of weights, and I was using RB too :):)

the river garry wreck was really small at one time but with so many losing leads there its growing in size. :unsure: :)

still, the fishing should really improve over the next few weeks.
for eyemouth i would look to head burnmouth way and fish under the cliffs.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
[

still, the fishing should really improve over the next few weeks.
for eyemouth i would look to head burnmouth way and fish under the cliffs.

Hope so Dale, I'm for another few goes at it in the coming weeks :):)

also, losing weights aint really a problem ...I've now got 3/4 ton of lead in the garden !! :):)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
also, losing weights aint really a problem ...I've now got 3/4 ton of lead in the garden !! :):)
excellent know where to go for some now !!;) ;) :clap2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
hello dr when are u going to eyemouth ? who are u out with , we go on the 30th may going out on the oceion maid .. im down from the 23th so looking forward to it godd luck when you go out

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Were are off out on the 1st June on Marine Quest.

It will be the first time I have boat fished in many many moons and I cant wait.

Will post how we get on !

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Were are off out on the 1st June on Marine Quest.

It will be the first time I have boat fished in many many moons and I cant wait.

Will post how we get on !

Cheers
hello our trip on the 30th was cancelled due to high winds .we were at eyemouth from friday winds were really bad /
wasnt due home till thursday but home on monday so goodluck if you get out but to be a lot better come the weekend .so you should be ok :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts