World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited Eyemouth today fished the cannons caught seven codling biggest 4lb rest 2lb. Also caught a three bearded rockling of 2.5lb. Caught the largest cod on a granny fish that had ate my peeler crab bait. The granny fish got stuck in the cod's mouth very jammy. Nice sunny day - also caught a sun tan will be back asap. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
nice one jarrow, sounds like you had a good day. are the cannons on the cliff in front of the caravan park? (or am i talking rubbish) how did you get down? we fished there before but access was difficult. we walked from the coastguard station at low tide. will fish there again this summer. take it easy. baz.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seems like you had a great day Jarrow Viking I would say the summer season
in full swing allthough the weather could be better some days. Was planning to head to the south side of Eyemouth off the golf course, complete with bucket of peelers on the Bank holiday Monday ,but will be watching the weather closely as there are still some easterly winds forecast which can be a pain when fishing around Eyemouth. I will post my results (blank ) when I get back.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anyone ever fished the area around Hurker's Haven (maybe a mile south of the golf course)? I am very interested in any reports of that area.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are right baz this mark is in front of the caravan site.The flat rocks under the cliffs are where you want to be.Look for the old cannons on top of the cliff then walk back along the cliff to the left of the cannons about 100yds you will find a slab of concrete set into the cliff top, to the right of this is the start of a narrow cliff path.This path will take you down, however a word of caution, it is not for the faint hearted. Fish on the rock furthest to the left which is exposed over low water on big tides.You can get cut off here around 3 hours into the flood so take care.Pick a big tide and flat seas in the summer,fish can be caught close in and further out so try two rods.There are many other marks in the area that are good just find deep water,kelp and rock.Good luck baz.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Alright Alan m8
Where did you find the bucket of prime peelers your going fishing with? Dont say Granton ,cause I looked at Seafield and all I Found was Andrex prime!lol.Na only joking m8.Have the crabs started peeling around E Lothian?

Cheers Bri

1 - 8 of 8 Posts