World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished rhoa island with the gang [muddy venue] expected to see a good variety of fish but had to settle for flounders. first chuck - a double, then chaos set in with lost rigs -knocked over bait bucket - tangled lines - then i got stuck in the mud and had to be pulled out by the lads which was difficult because they were in stitches, including young chuka hopping about un his broken foot.
found it hard to get back into gear but managed to scrape in with 5 flounders to be third. best bait - crab on a 2 hook clip down.
all in all a lovely day in good company - plenty of banter- and some good laughs thrown in.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
looked like you and the lads had a good day billy :clap3: :clap3:

some nice pics there of a nice venue there matey ,:clap3:

i take it no one took pics of you stuck in the mud then ???:blink: :unsure: :)

gonna have to start a hall of fame for the angler caught in the best uncompromising position ..........:spiteful: :spiteful:

tightlines.......................daz

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
looks likeflounder country round there bill,what else do you get there?
it looks a nice place but i bet its bleak in winter

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looked like you and the lads had a good day billy :clap3: :clap3:

some nice pics there of a nice venue there matey ,:clap3:

i take it no one took pics of you stuck in the mud then ???:blink: :unsure: :)

gonna have to start a hall of fame for the angler caught in the best uncompromising position ..........:spiteful: :spiteful:

tightlines.......................daz
if you do i,ll fill it for you, i was glad i was the only one with a camera today

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks likeflounder country round there bill,what else do you get there?
it looks a nice place but i bet its bleak in winter
can be good for coddling ,plaice, colefish, and has been known to throw up a good bass or two.
you might have heard of copes hole? that was part of the venue at the other side of life boat station[about 100yds] tide tends to run hard in and out . not as bleak as up the posh end of cumbra

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) Brilliant pics Bill:clap3: Great report too, I'd pay good money to see the "stuck in the mud" piccies!!:) :)
rushy, you would have laughed so much you would,nt have been able to eat my sarnies

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:clap3: great report and pickys bill , looks like a nice place to fish , pity you diddn't get the camera out when you were stuck in the slop lol :)
cuberd

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
one thing that is bothering me. why did the gang who pulled me out grab all my tackle and bucket of crabs first then come for me? . and why did youngchuka look so sad when when i was rescued. :g: :secret: :clap2:

·
Registered
908 Posts
lory im late getting on lads, working ont boat all day yesturday. anyway back to the match at roa island, didnt enjoy it myself strugled with my foot, managed to catch 4 flounder. and found 12 peeler before match started. OLD/CHUKKA MADE THE DAY by getting himself stuck int mud, nobody had a camera [pity] to click him
:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lory im late getting on lads, working ont boat all day yesturday. anyway back to the match at roa island, didnt enjoy it myself strugled with my foot, managed to catch 4 flounder. and found 12 peeler before match started. OLD/CHUKKA MADE THE DAY by getting himself stuck int mud, nobody had a camera [pity] to click him
:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
aye and you picked thr peelers up on my peg, hell you can motor on one leg when theres a few free peelers on offer. theres only one person i know who,s quicker ???? :g: :notworthy :clap3: :clap3:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts