World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got there bright and early for 11am high tide to find a bloke and his grandson had got there at seven and been out digging clams for bait, about seven fishing in total me and Graham had fresh black, mussel and frozen black started off well a flounder on mussel then nothing , looked along the line everybody else pulling them in, had a chat -:secret: clams are the bait, b****cks, nothing on fresh nothing on mussel swap to the one pack of frozen , yes - eight flounders later no frozen left no fish after that still a good time was had

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:) good report marko , you cant beat frozen lug on its day , in my experience it out fishes fresh most of the time in the winter months and the months leading up to summer :)
cuberd

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Got there bright and early for 11am high tide to find a bloke and his grandson had got there at seven and been out digging clams for bait, about seven fishing in total me and Graham had fresh black, mussel and frozen black started off well a flounder on mussel then nothing , looked along the line everybody else pulling them in, had a chat -:secret: clams are the bait, b****cks, nothing on fresh nothing on mussel swap to the one pack of frozen , yes - eight flounders later no frozen left no fish after that still a good time was had

hi marko

if you read my report from there http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63507

and the one ive done for the venues on the blue tab at the top matey i did say at this mark clam will out fish worm at times thats were the flounder on the species list came from but low water the tides at the mo are good for this venue for the next few days and night time will out fish the day tides ,

did you fish up by the steps far end of the carpark ????

well done on the fish :clap3: :clap3:

tightlines.................................daz

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Daz i had read your bit about grannies bay and followed everything except the bit about the clams didnt realise they were so effective, must admit never dug for those by the sound of it you get out to low water but what do you look for - yes got near the steps

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
hi marko

actually found these while pumping for lug with a big bore pump {actually found a use for it } lol:roll1:

didnt no they were there was getting them off an old guy who i'm mates with until i came across them myself ,

they even freeze well and are as tough as old boots tried a power cast just to see and they stayed on ,

will be down there extracting some more cause ive run out if i remember will put a thread up as to finding them

will let people no next time i'm on low there so people can tag along if they want :) :)

tightlines..................daz

·
Registered
411 Posts
flounder at fairhaven can be very particular with baits, at one time a lot were caught on shrimp, especially further down towards lytham (fairlawns), where shrimp boats landed. ive fished two rods: one with creeper rag and one with crab, the crab outfished the rag 14 to 1. He sells clams and sometimes razor fish at Lanigans in Lytham, check it out, also if he has any wild bass in his window, its worth a chuck because he nets them in the estuary.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info :clap3: if anybodies fishing it at low water in a few weeks time and i'm off work wouldnt mind tagging along to seewhat its like:g:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts