World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
madazrex {Jason } picked me up around 8 am and after stopping for supplies {chocolate and pop} got to fairhaven lake at around 8:50 am

think jay must have been female in a previous life as he takes ages to get changed :g:

then we set off to low water

weather was overcast with a slight north westerly but it wasn't cold did see a bit of rain just after we got to low but that was it
this is a view from low back towards the van {bet you cant spot it } there's no prizes for this by the way :blink:

we set up and started to fish jay on 2 hook pat with 3oz Gemini with frozen black on the top hook and clam on the bottom

i had a three hook pat with clam on the bottom frozen black in the middle and some blow lug that I'd found in the freezer that didn't smell that nice but stayed on the hook well which i was surprised about ,

this was to be the first of many flounder that came out

the wind did start to pick up as the tide turned

and we carried on fishing until we'd had enough and set of on the hike back to the van ,
jay got his other half to meet us at the van with a bag of chips so we sat on the grass and recovered
lost count of the exact amount of fish but we took the 6 biggest home

jay christened his new rod we both caught and had chips brought to us when we finished I'd say it was a top day the only downside was there was no bass caught and through no lack of trying either ,
Jason has some more pics so when he sends them me I'll put some more up

· Registered
151 Posts
Great pics and report fyshy. :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

Been out of Fairhaven myself checking the channels, hopefully the bass will start showing within the next few weeks:clap2:

Hmmmmm...... pc repairs?....... That's another number in my book:secret:

· Registered
1,493 Posts
well done daz hope you and jason had a good day sorry no bass about but BELIEVE ME they are there the wind looked quite bad there but was ok at the plaice mark ihope a new specimen weight for a flounder will be posted catch up soon and again welldone....gutz....:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

· Registered
2,875 Posts
:clap3: good day you ad there daz nice pics to:clap3: see no one as posted a speci fish up yet nows your chance with a flounder get it going!!

· Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers lads :clap3:

specimen post done :notworthy

and sometimes i wish i couldnt walk that far:blink: :blink:

a couple more pics

me trying to spin for bass today

me giving up cause my arm was aching after an hour

jason doing his crocodile dundee impression { i'm goin to hide that hat }

and lastly i did say to jason that my legs were worn out ,not worn away after that walk !!!!!!!!

tightlines............................daz

· Registered
266 Posts
bloody hell thats some walk well done lads jesus is there somewhere
roundabout that areathats easier to get to than that .
not that im a lazy git or owt but it looks like a nice venue and id like to give it a try

· Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bloody hell thats some walk well done lads jesus is there somewhere
roundabout that areathats easier to get to than that .
not that im a lazy git or owt but it looks like a nice venue and id like to give it a try

not really as most of the beaches from fairhaven to south shore in blackpool involve a walk if you want to get out to a low water mark ,

fairhaven carpark can be fished from the carpark right next to your car on any tide over 29 ft

tightlines................................daz

· Registered
2,473 Posts
not really as most of the beaches from fairhaven to south shore in blackpool involve a walk if you want to get out to a low water mark ,

fairhaven carpark can be fished from the carpark right next to your car on any tide over 29 ft

tightlines................................daz
it's worth the walk because you never blank there

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.