World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody fish prince of Wales pier in Falmouth in the evenings? Just wondering what I can expect to catch down there if anything?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Anybody fish prince of Wales pier in Falmouth in the evenings? Just wondering what I can expect to catch down there if anything?
Syphilis and herpes. Maybe a seal. It's horrible, usually full of ****heads, young and old. You're far better off going to the middle carpark 100m towards the docks. Scout it out at low water, its a bit rocky and weedy, I've done well there in the past.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Never fished there either yet . Lot of unsavories around there especially at night. (euthanasia isn't legal yet).
I ve seen large bass there between boats coming and going but like i say never fished .
Fancied a go with light leads and carp rods im sure it would work for bass.
I would imagine you can get flounder there as well in season.
Interested place i would think

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha ha, yeh apart from the morons! Not good for fish then? Middle car park? Down by watermans and grapes?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fish strand quay I believe it's called, may give that a go tonight then! Short on bait so it will have to be fresh mussels,prawn and crab!

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I looked down that way it looked a bit dodgy to cast as their were overhead cables/lights or something similar overhead. If thats the same bit I looked at..... where the boat trip kiosks are and just one entrance by car in and out? Keep us posted how you get on please...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I went down there tonight, it's church car park, got there hour before high, there were boats everywhere, can't cast far due to this, weed rolled in when the tide came up and I didn't even have a sniff, but I did have a fish taunting me,swimming up and down past me, poss small mullet? Other than that it was a well lit spot.maybe lug/rag next time as I only had squid/mack

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well I went down there tonight, it's church car park, got there hour before high, there were boats everywhere, can't cast far due to this, weed rolled in when the tide came up and I didn't even have a sniff, but I did have a fish taunting me,swimming up and down past me, poss small mullet? Other than that it was a well lit spot.maybe lug/rag next time as I only had squid/mack
give greenbank quay a go - easy fishing (from the car if needs be!), plenty of non-yachted water to cast to, and potential for a range of species

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got married at the greenbank last april lol. Have you fished there? I'm trying to find safe spots to fish from now the darks coming in early,but don't want to be wasting my time!

·
SW Shore Hunter
730 Posts
I had a go there the other day but out on the skinny little walkway straight ahead from Watermans and had nothing on some nice juicy rag, so i did a move up to the POW pier and 2 little wrasse...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh I was going to go up the walkway but the tide was up by my feet lol and the heavens opened with thunder and lightning and then hailstones so I cowered in my van and left my rod strapped to railings lol

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was that at night mate?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers mate,tide state?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@birdy84 save me going out then ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I tried and blanked, wrong bait I suspect!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.