World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody fished from the shore here recently as I am going on my hols in about a nonths time down to that neck of the woods and I would like to sneak some fishing gear in the car past the FPO!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Pendennis Point and Stack Point (Pennance Point on the map - known locally as stack), are both fishing OK of late if you are happy with mackerel, pollack, gar and wrasse, although the larger quantities of early season mackerel and herring (yes herring from the shore) seem to have gone.

Both marks are very popular though, particularly Pendennis which recently got a 'special mention' in a well known Sea fishing Mag, which resulted in 'standing room only' for a few weeks.

You should pick up pollack of an evening and the gulleys, particulary arround stack hold some decent wrasse.

Romour of decent huss and bass of an evening, but I've not spoken to anyone who actually claims to have caught one there of late.

I can't speak for the beaches though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could also try the helford estuary. I've heard tales of all sorts being caught in there of late, including plaice, bream and some large bass.

Can't say i've had much luck there myself of late, but it might be worth you going for it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I live in falmouth and stack is good for pollock, wrasse, mackies and garfish.

There are more fish in the river at the moment so you might want to try Prince of Wales pier or Fish Strand Quay good for mackie or sometimes bass and nice and close to the town so you can find things for other members of your family to do.

if you want to travel Flushing (opposite side of the penryn river to falmouth) is fishing well.

The helford is good for mackies, Pollock wrasse etc i have not caught any bass there for a while.

You can get some good Bull Huss at maenporth between falmouth and Mawnan Smith. If you carry on round the footpath from stack you will come to it. My friend caught three 4-5lb bass there yesterday.

A bit further afield is praa sands, mousehole, newlyn and Penzance which are all fishing well at the moment.

Hope this helps :D

The Tackle Shop is a good place to buy bait near the end of town or trago mills also has some real bargins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts