World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
image.jpg
Went down Billy's for some rag and lug this morning, so had a trip up amble and met up with Bamburgh breaker. What a great kid, got small coalies first cast and after that was flounder after flounder lost count of how many.( Easy over 20)End up with to really small Coalies and plague with flounder bait rag lug tipped with mackerel.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've brought a boat in there a couple of times and it's surprisingly shallow. The deepest channel wanders about and is never very far from the pier. Last time I was there, dolphins were playing only a hundred yards out to sea which drew a crow with cameras.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've brought a boat in there a couple of times and it's surprisingly shallow. The deepest channel wanders about and is never very far from the pier. Last time I was there, dolphins were playing only a hundred yards out to sea which drew a crow with cameras.
Aye there's abig sand bar that's on your right hand side when your coming in quite shallow. Get Afew plaice up there in the summer aswel with it being sandy bottom. It was just somewhere for change can be canny off the very end heard there was Afew cod pulled in off there last night.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It was great to meet you George and thanks very much for all your help. So sorry I seem to have passed on the flattie curse !

As soon as you were away I caught a 150lb Blue Shark hand lining a Greggs sausage roll as a lure but my phone had run out of battery so you'll have to take my word for it mate :)

Reactions: Waynethepunk

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Another good session George well done m8. We didnt go sunday it was fishing down when we got up so didnt want to catch a cold before hols might get out during week. Be lucky happy fishing m8

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It was great to meet you George and thanks very much for all your help. So sorry I seem to have passed on the flattie curse !

As soon as you were away I caught a 150lb Blue Shark hand lining a Greggs sausage roll as a lure but my phone had run out of battery so you'll have to take my word for it mate :)
Hopefully you didn't need a drop net to land it lol well we could meet up next week sometime have session down my way, Saturday looks better weather wise.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can't miss it m8 could try smiths (Tyne) with us as tides should be dropped by next week. Great place to fish with great scenery but the boats can be abit of a pain.
Cheers for the offer mate... am gonna try Amble at the weekend and then Shields pier after that.. am I right in thinking smiths is opposite the customs house?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers for the offer mate... am gonna try Amble at the weekend and then Shields pier after that.. am I right in thinking smiths is opposite the customs house?
STRaight facing south sheilds ferry landing, Roker piers open now always worth a shot.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was down Whitley bay beach last neat with the dogs looking at halfmoon rocks ect some guys was on there about 1030pm. Tried ask him if he was getting much, but he just blanked me and with 2 dogs in tow was going be to much hard work.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hopefully you didn't need a drop net to land it lol well we could meet up next week sometime have session down my way, Saturday looks better weather wise.
Away with work this week mate but another session soon would be great

Reactions: Bykerfisher
1 - 20 of 22 Posts