World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The lucky craft SW Wander 95 (aka lipless pointer http://www.luckycraft.com/luckycrafthome/products/saltwater/swliplesspointer95.htm )With people like bassdozer and Bertrand Gauje raving about these lures in the past -I knew I had to get hold of one, one day!

With subtle jerks of the rod this lure walks the dog underwater; and with a slow steady retrieve it wobbles in, with a hint of roll. What sets this lure apart is what happens when you stop retrieving -it starts to flutter to the bottom with rolling action -flashing its flanks to hungry bass. So you can throw this baby tight to cover and let it sink and do its stuff, or make sink and draw more interesting. Can't wait to chuck this beauty in anger -come on British weather!
(relatively expensive basslures sell them in uk)

Also, bought an ima komomo SF130 slim http://www.imalures.com/komomo.php for a laugh. I found its action at slow speed unimpressive. Fast retrieve gives it a wider wobbling and rolling action. Not as wide an "S" shaped wobble as you get from the maria chase BW but more rolling. I did find that the weight shifter was reluctant to engage first time on the retrieve, taking up to a foot of retrieve for the weights to slide to the head in the worst cases -early days though, hopefully it will run in fine. In all I prefer the Duo Tide Minnow SLD to the komomo. The tide seems to have a less wide wobble on fast retrieve, but still seems more attractive. At slower speed the tide was better -more nervous than the komomo. Working the bait with jerks the tide was far better.

Both cast great, again the tide seems better, but then the 125 tide weighs more. The weight shifters for the tide worked great straight out of the box. The tide does seem more delicate than the komono and, of course, it runs deeper. You'll find all kinds of tides here: http://www.mrfishjersey.net/magento/ . The only place I could find the komomo in Europe was a shop in locri Italy -but the Italian post? -forget abaard it! -Probably best to try direct from japan!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I got half a dozen Wanders in a couple of years ago and never kept one for myself Pisc, and I havnt given them much thought since. So I might add a couple onto my next order and see for myself, I do know a couple of situations where distance and the size of them would be very handy.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,858 Posts
Sounds almost like the Rapala Subwalk.

Nick.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I was trying the subwalk at the weekend and didn't think much of it. For a start it hardly sinks so you can only fish a foot down or so and it doesn't really do anything that any countdown jerkbait can't, or am I missing something?

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,858 Posts
The idea is that the lure will walk the dog a foot under the surface.
They seem to work well under the surface and I do have one that I used a couple of weeks ago,never caught anything on it but if there had been any fish around I'm sure it will work well.

Nick.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts