World Sea Fishing Forums banner

FAO Dennis the Menace

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  kakariki 
#1 ·
Hi Dennis

Fishing Bridlington Pier this Fiday if you can make it.

High tide about 11am.

Going to be there Dawn to Dusk.

Alan

PS if anyone else fancies a day at Brid; the more the merrier:)

#3 ·
Sorry your having to work.

I'm on nights at the moment, last one though, then on day shift starting next wednesday. So trying to get in as much fishing as I can.

Yes, I went to Brid last wednesday. Got four sizable Whiting, one sizeable Dab, a little Rockling, and two little Whiting.

I was well happy; more importantly my wife was happy, she loves whiting. Aren't I the lucky one?

Let me know when your off again and will try to meet up; maybe on the Humber.

#4 ·
Just got back from Brid.

I caught 2 very small Dabs, thats all!:wah:

Jez caught 5 sizable Dabs, for tea, and at least another 10 that were too small so they went back, a small coalie, and a small whiting. All with his ultra-light river set-up (size isn't everything)

All fish caught on squid.

There were only seven of us, all day. Most of the fish caught were dabs no sizeable Whiting at all!

I suppose I'll just have to go again!!!:D

#6 ·
Which pier did you fish? That south pier has baffled us for years with some reasonable sessions but more that were huge disappointments. We then started going onto the north beach and caught more consistently.

At least there were some fish caught and sizeable dabs are great with a few chips.

#7 ·
Hi Painy

Only ever caught anything on the north pier.

Tried Sewerby end, on the beach, when I first took up fishing in October, but couldn't cast (still can't really) so the pier seemed a good compromise.

I love fishing now, can't think why it took me 50 years to even try it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.