World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a bait I don't use a lot but is there a difference between the stuff that's farmed over fresh dug. I've got a lot of faith in blow lug or black worm so it tends to be my bait of choice.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Some anglers are a bit snobbish about using the farmed stuff but I'm happy with it and had plenty of fish on it. I doubt it's as flavourful as wild but it wriggles just as much and I think this is rags big attraction.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some anglers are a bit snobbish about using the farmed stuff but I'm happy with it and had plenty of fish on it. I doubt it's as flavourful as wild but it wriggles just as much and I think this is rags big attraction.
Thanks for that. I'm genuinely unsure of the difference I've used both on a few limited occasions. And have never noticed a difference that's why I was wondering is there one. Thanks again

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
For me, freshly dug, nothing to do with being snobbish, the fresh for me has more natural scent, and being fresh are nice and slimy, with bright red colours. Also dug from the area that I am fishing , gives me more confidence, I can also choose the size of rag that I need for my target.

I have used farmed but always found the insides are green in colour, still a slight red, but didn't like it. Still caught on it but will always opt for fresh.

I relate it to, do you preferr fresh live black lug , or frozen.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me, freshly dug, nothing to do with being snobbish, the fresh for me has more natural scent, and being fresh are nice and slimy, with bright red colours. Also dug from the area that I am fishing , gives me more confidence, I can also choose the size of rag that I need for my target. I have used farmed but always found the insides are green in colour, still resist but didn't like it. Still caught on it but will always opt for fresh.

I relate it to, do you preferr fresh live black lug , or frozen.
Ahh fresh every time but I will use frozen.

·
Global Moderator
22,583 Posts
Would never used farmed. Did once by mistake (shop didn't tell me) and wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
have used farmed but always found the insides are green in colour, still a slight red, but didn't like it. Still caught on it but will always opt for fresh.
Always thought rag went green when they were breeding. Makes sense that rag artificially bred would be green all year round not just in spring

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Always thought rag went green when they were breeding. Makes sense that rag artificially bred would be green all year round not just in spring
Didn't know that mate, that they turn green, in breeding session, every time I bought some as a very last resort, it's been green,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts