World Sea Fishing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
The purpose of meat and fish is to eat it. As a food source yes I agree, as long as the species are fished sustainably but they can be worth far more to the country as viable recreational species.

Tell me why we cannot to just fish for these fish like we to fish for all others? Because single minded tunnel vision conservation orgs and their kind do not want us to fish for wild salmon, just as they do not want us to fish for ABFT. It is looking increasing likely that true wild salmon is for more endangered than ABFT in UK waters because of laws that place commercial fishing profits above the welfare of the species.
?!
You to want a recreational fishery for fish into fish farm pens now?
I to imagine it to be as much fun as taking your fishing gear to the fishmonger and casting into the fridge.

"Single minded conservation orgs and their kind" to be wholly against fish farming Reg in favour of traditional rod and line.

·
Registered
25,237 Posts
More worrying is what the salmon are fed on!!!

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
?!
You to want a recreational fishery for fish into fish farm pens now?
I to imagine it to be as much fun as taking your fishing gear to the fishmonger and casting into the fridge.

"Single minded conservation orgs and their kind" to be wholly against fish farming Reg in favour of traditional rod and line.
Your words not mine
But a good attempt at twisting what was said.

Unless it is to promote, protect and encourage recreational sea angling and the public right to forage seafood for the table and highlight those values to our coastal communities.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts

Unless it is to promote, protect and encourage recreational sea angling and the public right to forage seafood for the table and highlight those values to our coastal communities.
More fear mongering and alienating of conservation groups to keep the subs up. 👎
Conservation groups to be quite clear where they do to stand. But i to give you the benefit of the doubt if you can to show me one example where a single conservation org does to say they are into favour of fish farming instead of RSA.

Given the thread is about fish farming. Have you got anything to say onto the matter? or did your views on fish farming stay the same since you did post a video of the australians farming tuna and call it a win?

·
Registered
25,237 Posts
o_OFish meal, colourants, anti biotics and "undisclosed proteins". How does that sound?😩.
The fishmeal is my concern!!!!! Netting tonnes of sandeels etc is a major problem!!! Soon as the puffins start starving a bit more then it will be stopped!!!! Trouble is it will back.fire on anglers wanting bait!!!!

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
If you Farm sheep/cattle/goats/pigs etc esp if out in the fields it benefits other species like birds pick up bits of wool.pigs root which means birds can find worms and bugs to eat.
The Manure makes things grow unlike with fish farms where there manure KILLS all other sea life!
If you was a diver how would you know you was near fish pens?? Sea bed is devoid of life and coated in toxic sludge.
Go check the issues on OZ where they have taken over the coast line and many places are dead/devoid of any sea life

·
Registered
21,674 Posts
The fishmeal is my concern!!!!! Netting tonnes of sandeels etc is a major problem!!! Soon as the puffins start starving a bit more then it will be stopped!!!! Trouble is it will back.fire on anglers wanting bait!!!!
o_OI think netting sand eels for bait IS sustainable, netting mega tons for fishmeal and fertilizer isn't.😩

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Nothing new, anglers are always paying for the crimes committed by others.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
More fear mongering and alienating of conservation groups to keep the subs up. 👎
Conservation groups to be quite clear where they do to stand. But i to give you the benefit of the doubt if you can to show me one example where a single conservation org does to say they are into favour of fish farming instead of RSA.

Given the thread is about fish farming. Have you got anything to say onto the matter? or did your views on fish farming stay the same since you did post a video of the australians farming tuna and call it a win?
Once again twisting words,

You said they favour "traditional rod and line over fish farming" not commercial rod and line. Had you said commercial rod and line you would not be including recreational angling and the right for the public to freely harvest seafood.

You can only pull the wool over the eyes of people who do not wish to see.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Once again twisting words,

You said they favour "traditional rod and line over fish farming" not commercial rod and line. Had you said commercial rod and line you would not be including recreational angling and the right for the public to freely harvest seafood.

You can only pull the wool over the eyes of people who do not wish to see.
No. Your words exactly i to response of what i did say about being in favour of traditional rod and line.

You will to call it (my posts) how ever you to see fit Reg. To argue for no point. To use a rod and line to catch fish, be it commercially or as an RSA is a traditional method. No ifs or buts. Period.
If that does to go over your head perhaps you can to educate yourself onto fishing practices that to have taken place over millennia because it to also not be the only traditional fishing method out there.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
No. Your words exactly i to response of what i did say about being in favour of traditional rod and line.

You will to call it (my posts) how ever you to see fit Reg. To argue for no point. To use a rod and line to catch fish, be it commercially or as an RSA is a traditional method. No ifs or buts. Period.
If that does to go over your head perhaps you can to educate yourself onto fishing practices that to have taken place over millennia because it to also not be the only traditional fishing method out there.
Show me one occasion any conservation minded org, apart from the AT, that has promoted recreational sea angling over any other method of taking for the table.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Show me one occasion any conservation minded org, apart from the AT, that has promoted recreational sea angling over any other method of taking for the table.
Why would i to? Ive not stated it has once. Anywhere. All i said is you to not understand what the word traditional means into context of fishing. Maybe you not to know the meaning at all for all i know.

Please decide what you do want to argue for before trolling people. Because this here, is completely odd and pointless.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Why would i to? Ive not stated it has once. Anywhere. All i said is you to not understand what the word traditional means into context of fishing. Maybe you not to know the meaning at all for all i know.

Please decide what you do want to argue for before trolling people. Because this here, is completely odd and pointless.
No need your response was all I needed.

I know exactly what I wanted to argue about thank you and I will do so again should I think you are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes on here.

·
Registered
25,237 Posts
No need your response was all I needed.

I know exactly what I wanted to argue about thank you and I will do so again should I think you are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes on here.
On a lighter note two boats here are no longer wrasse potting! Big stack of unused pots up in a barn behind me!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts