World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody point me in the direction of where i may obtain some 'genuine' left hand side plate screws..Penn part no: 39-20.

I can find plenty of knurled thumb screws but an unable to locate the real things.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a fathom 12 at Blakdog now and will have the thumbscrews fitted. If you pm me your address I willl post you the standard screws as soon as I get them back.
Thank you very much for your kind offer.. Ive actually managed to source some from a local tackle shop ( I only needed the 1 really)

But again thank you for your offer..:)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
just M3 screws get some stainless steel cap headed ones so can use alen key look nice
If you want to put metric screws in an imperial hole that's up to you but others shoudl use the proper imperial size for the thread:
Very close fit to UNC 5-40

M3 = .118 inch Dia.
UNC #5 = .125 inch Dia.

M3 pitch is 0.5mm
UNC #5 is .635 mm

Si

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
If you want to put metric screws in an imperial hole that's up to you but others shoudl use the proper imperial size for the thread:
Very close fit to UNC 5-40

M3 = .118 inch Dia.
UNC #5 = .125 inch Dia.

M3 pitch is 0.5mm
UNC #5 is .635 mm

Si
But why would you put imperial screws/bolts onto metric threaded holes? Do please tell me!
As read OP'S request "Fathom side plates screws" Fathoms are made in China not USA I've penns made in USA so imperial thread's where as likes of fathoms/515,525,535 mk2's etc are being far east made are metric One Of The Things Have To Watch For When Looking For 525 Bits.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
But why would you put imperial screws/bolts onto metric threaded holes? Do please tell me!
As read OP'S request "Fathom side plates screws" Fathoms are made in China not USA I've penns made in USA so imperial thread's where as likes of fathoms/515,525,535 mk2's etc are being far east made are metric One Of The Things Have To Watch For When Looking For 525 Bits.
Fathom's don't use metric they use UNC as far as I know. I will double check OK.

Si

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.