World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your fav beachcaster & FS reel combo? I want to get a good un capable of long distances but am unsure what to get.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Go to your local tackle dealers. Take a look at the Grauvell range, these long continental style rods with f/s reels seem to be gaining popularity over here. I am thinking about getting a K2 Metal series or a new century 16 footer. the reels i am looking at are the Daiwa Emblem 5500, Shimano Biomaster, Grauvell Tuareg and Shakespeare Powerplay FD7000. Although these bits of kit are not cheap i think they are satisfying to use, and apparenlty also can add yards onto your casting. I hope this helps you , but in all honesty i am as keen to hear others responces as you are mate.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
i use an ABU 6000 and a greys greyflex s.

cost about £190/£200 together..

Jamie

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm with Instinct on you getting a longer rod of 15 or 16 foot.
Teamed up with a fixed spool and either a 12lb mono or braid a normal overhead thump will enable you to cast further.

There is a few manufacturers that offer cheaper alternatives. Penn do some cracking combo deals, their 15ft Powetstix Surf looks like an excellent rod to start you off.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
if your just starting out you will find the best rod and reel combo
is the one in your hand!
dont worry to much about spending loads of cash, if somthing is classed as a sea reel it probly works, if somthing is classed as a beachcaster it probly works
and you will still catch fish! its not the tackle its the man behind it!
my best combo is a abu 6500 c3 and a penn bass powergraph
not eveyones tast but its genraly the "rod in my hand" so therfore my favorite!

if your starting out go for one of the cheapy combos! get some fishing
in and upgrade as you work out what is right for you!
then you will know exactly what you wont and be confident in spending some cash! and you can always youse the combo as a second rod or have it as a guest rod and get one of your mates out the pub and on the beach!

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
got a grauvell infinity 14ft matched to a penn cv8000.they seem to complement each other very well:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts