World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use some drop shot lures - they usually come in a pack for 4- 2 orange 2 green - korum dropshot snapper i think its called- they have like 3 and 5cm size, i even got a big pike on them. i bought some fox rage micro shads- i think they are called - they sell out almost everywhere because of their marketing campagins, i managed to get 2 perch on those ( i dont go out as much as i could or should to really test them)
I did try both on sunday evening but the fox one didnt get any bits but that could be simply me not being too good with the drop shot, i did get a perch on the smaller version of korum snapper and another on the larger version but i couldnt reel it in successfully

·
Registered
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use some drop shot lures - they usually come in a pack for 4- 2 orange 2 green - korum dropshot snapper i think its called- they have like 3 and 5cm size, i even got a big pike on them. i bought some fox rage micro shads- i think they are called - they sell out almost everywhere because of their marketing campagins, i managed to get 2 perch on those ( i dont go out as much as i could or should to really test them)
I did try both on sunday evening but the fox one didnt get any bits but that could be simply me not being too good with the drop shot, i did get a perch on the smaller version of korum snapper and another on the larger version but i couldnt reel it in successfully

I have the 7 cm size and more natural colours in 3cm, haven't managed anything on them yet.!

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
Can't say I've heard of that company mate. What's an "estuary perch"? The ones we get over here are purely freshwater.

Estuary perch and bass look very simular to each other and much like the UK variety. They are found anywhere from brackish saltwater to hundreds of km inland high into mountain streams, in fact my daughter is obsessed with them and just heading off into the mountains right now targeting them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
View attachment 1221321
I have the 7 cm size and more natural colours in 3cm, haven't managed anything on them yet.!
Just got a savage gear perch mini kit from decathlon for 6.99 - has about 15+ shads and paddle tail with 2 jig heads and 2 drop shot weights, Ill be testing them out tomorrow, i was out today on the canal and was trying out this ecogear mebaru pocket box kit that has a few minos - no fish but was nice to be outdoors- i shall try those lures tomorrow in a spot where i know there are perch for sure

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I fancied the chances and tried my luck last month or so on our local ressy. I usually fly fish for the Trout. Perch,Carp and the Silverfish are also resident.
During the last light into dusk, the Perch went berserk for the BassDay slim minnow which was run through the shallow margins/drop-offs.
The shortened window of light was an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge. These predators will roam the margins and terrorise prey items.
The BD would receive hits aplenty, during its final run into the shallows.
Rules state that club members must vacate at dusk and I obey!.....
I reckon that a few large Stripeys would’ve been snared if the rules were broken!....lol

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I don't fish softs that often, but have caught a fair few on the Duo Tetra Works Vibe, Spearhead Ryuki 45s, the 3 & 5g Quantum Mahi jigs and the very occasional one this year one 60mm Yo Zuri Pins Minnow. Smaller better, in my experience.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
my 3 go to lures for perch are :
soft when deeper than 2.0 meters
savage gear crayfish 8 cm
keitech fat swing impact (3.3" & 3.8") with head so light as possible (depending on depht-curent-Wind)

for the "upper" layer (zero to 2.0 m)
i use a hard bait : Lucky craft pointer 78 SP or 100 ( suspending model=> Twitch Twitch pause 2 to 5 seconds etc. ,the takes are always on the pause) : this is the method i love the most ;)
proof of the puding last month...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.