World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to sea fishing, done all others -salmon trout coarse.
wanting to do some sea shore (rocks or beach) in fife.
I would be greatful for any info on good places to fish ( assuming there are some). I would hope to catch cod/mackerel/flatties/bass.
I also would like info on how to fish with feathers from the shore - cast -retreave or set line & how do you rig them?
:fishing1:thanks for any advice you experts can give one green at the gills!

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I'm a newbie to sea fishing, done all others -salmon trout coarse.
wanting to do some sea shore (rocks or beach) in fife.
I would be greatful for any info on good places to fish ( assuming there are some). I would hope to catch cod/mackerel/flatties/bass.
I also would like info on how to fish with feathers from the shore - cast -retreave or set line & how do you rig them?
:fishing1:thanks for any advice you experts can give one green at the gills!
You should try this question on the Scottish forum. Helpful bunch (mainly) and plenty fish the Fife coastline. Between June and September you should catch mackerel and launce anywhere from Elie to Burntisland from harbour and rock marks.

Bit 'hit or miss' this year - probably as we have had so many easterlies churning up the inshore waters. Last year I was catching mackerel in May - this year my couple of trips have brought me just launce.

The Fife lads will give you up to the minute advice I am sure.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hello,
welcome too the forum :thumbs:

heres a link too Bob's top fishing marks, covers alot off areas on the fife coast .
http://codheadbob.tripod.com/topmarks/

i hope this helps.

ps feathers :
just attach a trace/set off feathers too your mainline using a swivel, and at the other end off the trace attach a weight .

( weight will depend on rod you are casting with and mainline strenght etc.. i tend too use a 2 oz approx.)

simply cast out and retrieve
varying speeds and depths until you find the fish :thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts