World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on monday afternoon, i ordered a okuma magnetix, from fishing mayhem in liskeard. i payed straight away +£5 for postage.
the reel was supposed to be with me on wednesday. wednesday arrived and passed, no reel.
on thursday afternoon, i contacted fishing mayhem, and asked why my reel hadn't arrived. they said they would check the courier and call me back.
2 hours passed and i rung them back, they said the couriers work friday(good friday) and i would get it today.

as you can guess, no reel.
i phoned fishing mayhem back this morning and they said the courier, brought the reel back to them yesterday.

ithey are now supposed to be sending it tomorrow?? bank holiday weekend and all that!! so it looks like wednesday at best for my reel.

I personally feel, they have shafted me... by taking payment and not sending the reel.

what should i do???

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Short of either threatening them with the a rendition of Swanney River usng orange hands as props:) , unless they get on their bike and deliver it to-day,about all you can do Buddy is to cancel the order and try and locate one somewhere else. Problem is that you will probably have to wait even longer.

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tell them you want your money back and go to veals.
tried veals first. they don't have the reel in stock. could be a few weeks before they get them in.

G

·
Matt - They have them in stock in Dennings (or did last week) = might be worth a couple of extra quid to save all the hassle.

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Matt - They have them in stock in Dennings (or did last week) = might be worth a couple of extra quid to save all the hassle.

only had the levelwinds left. i went in to all the local shops before i went on-line.

if it is not delivered by tomorrow, i will be cancelling the order and i will be phoning ian.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Personaly i agree that you have done the right thing in nameing and shameing them,try and remember this next time you mail order "Please give me a Tracking no" as i guess they did not send it ? and they ****--d up == PAT

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do you know who the courier was? Assuming the reel was collected by the courier on Monday afternoon, put out for delivery on Tuesday.
If they went to your door and couldnt get you in, they would leave a card. If they couldnt find your house, they would contact your supplier. Either way the parcel would stay at their depot for 5 - 7 days.
Now, say the supplier cocked up your address on the parcel. Same result, courier would hold onto parcel until supplier provided proper address, or asked for item to be sent back.
Couriers dont just take parcels back to suppliers after 2 days, believe me the courier wants to deliver your parcel cos its the only way he's getting paid.
So, in my view, your supplier is bulls hitting. He simply didnt send the parcel out and its easier to blame the courier.

Bill

·
Registered
184 Posts
Personaly i agree that you have done the right thing in nameing and shameing them,try and remember this next time you mail order "Please give me a Tracking no" as i guess they did not send it ? and they ****--d up == PAT
thats the key thing mate the tracking number,ive been in this situation many times,people just dont give a damm,it winds me off the clock,the simple thing is ,there is not a lot you can do now ,either cancell the order or sit tight,i do get a tracking no now,because i assume it aint going to turn up !!,then i make such a pest of myself they are glad to get the goods to me just to shut me up.talking about name and shame,i ask a company what carrier they use and if it is PARCEL FORCE i wont place the order,and i make a point of telling the supplier why,and its because the service i have recieved from them has been absolutely awfull,i dont care what they say i just say sorry ill place my order with one of there competitors that does not use PARCEL FORCE,i expect lots have people have had a good service but i most certainly have not (on more than a few ocasions),none of this is going to help you get your reel quicker but dont be shy in getting on there case,you are a paying customer who should recieve top quality customer service.
good luck when you get your new reel m8,i hope you get a bite quicker than you got the reel.
tight lines
kjp.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Rang Spotty Dog last Wednesday for the 30 cs which at the time was not in stock. Steve rang round several suppliers [ringing me back a couple times to keep me informed]and found one for Friday for me:clap3:
A lot of effort for not a lot of money.Nice one:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
on monday afternoon, i ordered a okuma magnetix, from fishing mayhem in liskeard. i payed straight away +£5 for postage.
the reel was supposed to be with me on wednesday. wednesday arrived and passed, no reel.
on thursday afternoon, i contacted fishing mayhem, and asked why my reel hadn't arrived. they said they would check the courier and call me back.
2 hours passed and i rung them back, they said the couriers work friday(good friday) and i would get it today.

as you can guess, no reel.
i phoned fishing mayhem back this morning and they said the courier, brought the reel back to them yesterday.

ithey are now supposed to be sending it tomorrow?? bank holiday weekend and all that!! so it looks like wednesday at best for my reel.

I personally feel, they have shafted me... by taking payment and not sending the reel.

what should i do???
Firstly i`d phone gerry`s if veals have`nt got one and if they have i`d cancel the order and get your money back and order one from gerry`s, always had top service from gerry`s and veals.Personally i`d do that even if it would arrive a day or so later than fishing mayhem promise just to deny them the sale for messing you around,Del

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
thanks wont use this company stick with the ones i know

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if they have f***ed up, why haven't they got the bal*s to be honest.

if the reel is not delivered by midday tomorrow, i will be cancelling the order.

·
Registered
184 Posts
if they have f***ed up, why haven't they got the bal*s to be honest.

if the reel is not delivered by midday tomorrow, i will be cancelling the order.
fair play mate,its disrespectfull,wish a lot more would do the same,they would have to provide a decent service then instead of taking the ****.:thumbs:

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It wont be turning up tomorrow mate. Its a bank holiday weekend, couriers take holidays too you know.

Bill
then fishing mayhem has done themselves out of an order then.

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just phoned up and cancelled.

they were going to send the reel on tuesday!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.