World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to landguard about 10am few people fishing where i like to fish so i walked to landguard point .
Thing started of slow crabs where a pain but 3 hours b4 high tide i was in to my 1st fish a doggy and then got a 2nd a few whitin came out along wiv a few codling.
tide started to ebb in then i got my 1st bass of the year :) 1lb 2oz bit small but i was happy go get a bass. had no more bass but a couple more whitin.
in total had 2 doggys 2 codling 4 whitin 1 bass
Bait i found that peeler crabs work best wiv rag/lug squid cocktails 2nd best

midi

·
Registered
508 Posts
Good fishing again, Midi:clap3: ! As I've said before, you, Sharkey and Josh certainly seem to be able to get the results at Felixstowe. It seems your catch was similar to ours at Aldeburgh, but you had a big edge on quality - no surprise there. It's nice to get a good mixed bag of both winter and summer species, though no flatfish (we never seem to get any:g: ), altogether, very well done.

Hope to bump into you soon, good luck for your next session.

Shortcaster

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Well done Midi, more variety and size than one of my efforts!
I have managed one tiny bass out of the deben this year - i didn't even see a bite!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It's nice to get a good mixed bag of both winter and summer species, though no flatfish (we never seem to get any:g: )
I had a flounder during the Essex vs Kent match last week, 1cm under size though, Flatty had a sole.

Midi I think you done better than all of us put togther :clap3:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts