World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we headed out on nemesis to a near flat sea and dropped anchor just as the flood started, and after 10mins we had a
6lb cod onboard which i thought was going to be a good day but sad to say all that followed was a few dogs and a few good size yting plenty of small ones mixed in and 1 small codling of about 1.5lb,but things are picking up slowly roll on next weekend and try again if the wind is right.:thumbs: col

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi Col, good to catch up with you - at least on the radio :) we ended up doing very similar, our cod were (5.5lb and 2.5lb), both ignored the lovely sized pennell loaded with squid and decided to go to the smaller rigs - which were doing well, so we stuck with them.

It was great to be out....a lot of boats sounded as if they did the same as well...although Dicks friend who had the big cod wasn't getting on my nerves at all :) :)

Question is, do I post another boat report which has the same content :)

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice one again Barbie, i was away but understand the fishing was very patchy with the doggies thining out but still not many cod ?coddling about.
well done again. how big was the big one on the radio???

tight lines

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
yes was a good day out tim although although brian did beat us but that does make a change, and yes brian does get a bit carried away on the radio, mind you better than listening to the dutch all day lol,

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
and col well done mate, and mine had one of the biggest herrings ive seen in a cod it was masive,

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
well done lads, was a nice day out there, we went south and had a reasonable day, 15 cod to 6.5lb, 8 roker and surprised to see only a few dogs...havnt had much time for a full report, may get one up later

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hogster - it wasn't the fact he was on the radio, it was the fact he had the 14lb specimen :) :). But your right about the Dutch....

When it's fishing like that is there any point going further out?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi tim was good to have a quick chat mate,:thumbs: sound like you done a bit better than me:clap: the wind is not looking to good for weekend at the moment looks like it could be the beach instead, but things might change!!! col

1 - 12 of 12 Posts