World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday we were going down to my dads girlfriends beach hut so i decided to bring my rod and my uncles abu garcia 6500 elite. so i was using a multiplier for the first time on the beach. casting out was fine and didn't get any birds nests at all as i put the brakes on full. first cast i decied to put a powerbait jellyworm on a 1 hook clipped rig and after 5 mins i decied to change bait to raw prawn from Morrisons. i reeled in and the prawn was gone after 10 mins it wasn't crabs i don't think i think it fell off in the cast. third time lucky cast out with prawn and i was day dreaming about catching a big fish and my dad started shouting at me and i looked at my rod and it was going mad. i thought it was probably a bass but reeled in and i had a big eel my first ever eel it must have weighed 1lb and a half as it was quite heavy. it swallowed my hook and i left my forceps in the car. it tangled up my line and tied a knot in its self so i cut the line before the hook point and there was still tangled line round its self but i couldn't get the line off round its body. i put it back and it swam away perfectly. i didn't fish after that as i didn't want to catch another because they tangled up my line and it was slipery and slimey and looked like it wanted to bite me. my dad wouldn't help me unhook the fish as he said he wanted to have a relaxing day at the beach hut but i think that was just an excuse as he didn't like the look of the eel. but i am happy that i caught my first ever eel. i only have one more fish to catch an thats a sole. :fishing:

·
Registered
166 Posts
What a great report. Lots of detail. And 1st eel, well done. I had my 1st eel this week. See report by Lingy (Tuesday night), down at Fludyers. I had 3 eels, and Lingy had good size Whiting. You are right they are slimey, and my 1st one had taken the hook right down. Very strong bites though. I have heard reports that a few sole along Felixstowe, so may be worth another trip soon. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts