World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after info on the following 2 places in and around Felixstowe, directions to the mark, restrictions etc:

Shingle Street

Languard Point (??) according to mulitmap this has some sort of stone pier/breakwater??

Cheers guys/gals

·
Registered
246 Posts
Shingle Street : Few Bass Some Nice Ones In River . Doggies .
View Point Felixstowe :few Dabs Small Whiting /school Bass /doggies
...................... Some Nice Bass About Up To Six At The Mo ..................

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that, is Langaurd Point some form of breakwater?? and can you fish from it??

·
Registered
246 Posts
How to get to langard point .go to viewing car park near docks .look left see a radar tower . walk past it on the sea wall ........fish up there to the POINT on the end . your ok fishing when tide is coming in but struggle to fish when tide is on the way out .I change sides I FISH RIVER SIDE IN TIDE AND SEA BEACH OUT ......... IN RIVER VERY DEEP ...... i only cast 100 to 150 yards .......5 0z lead to 6 oz ........ i USE zziplex GSI which has some grunt .....and Diawa AWT 13FT which i think is one of the best beach rods made .........fitted with mag alite .............. SHINGLE SREET AND EAST LANE IS ALSO GOOD ...... EVENING TIDES BEST INTO DARK .......

·
Registered
246 Posts
/www.hha.co.uk/default.asp?section=navigation/tide&page=tide
THIS IS THE SITE I USE TO GET THE TIDE RIGHT AT FELIXSTOWE .
............................................................................................................
HOPE SOME HELP .............CODFARTHER

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot for all your help, last time I fished there (Felixstowe) I used a borrowed beachcaster. It was rung for a FS and it did feel a lot softer than my Century Carbon Metal, a bit toooooo awkward to take on the train.

So next time I go there I will take my Bass rod and my CM as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts