·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A1F7DC7C-1699-4EF8-8A44-2844A31F7A30.jpeg
Fished:Friday 5th October 2018
Time: 11.30am to 20.45pm
High Tide: 21.35pm
Weather: Mild and calm with a slight breeze Wind 6-8mph SE. Fog to start then bright sun. Fog late afternoon which cleared for clear skies
Sea:Flat with no swirl. No weed
Catch: 27 Whiting most between 22-25cm. 2 Crabs
Best: Whiting 30cm
Rigs:
Rod 1- 2 hook paternoster 4/0 hooks. 30cm trace. Mackerel top/Lug bottom
Rod 2- 2 hook paternoster 3/0 hooks. 30cm trace. Lug top and bottom
Best Bait: Lug(Nothing on Mackerel)
Best Rig: Bottom line
Best fishing distance: 40 yards
Best time. After dark.
Snags: None

First outing since rods packed away for the summer.No other anglers when I arrived. Started fishing 11.30am and fished to 20.45 with not a single bite tap or even a crab just a platic bag.(which I put in my rubbish bag save the planet!)Baits stripped in 15 minutes though.
After dark went nuts and was the most hectic session I can remember.
As one rod went out the other was bouncing about with baits only out for 5 minutes.
A few double shots and some cracking bites. Ended up running out of bait which I was pleased as I was totally knackered. (6.5 miles clocked on fit bit!)
Three other groups arrived between 4pm and 6pm obviously for after dark session.
Back there next week but I will go nearer evening.
Lovely mild day and very warm in the sun although the fog turned it chilly when it arrived.
Great to be back on the beach and roll on next week!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well done, it’s better than going to the gym.

Cheers Gregor

View attachment 1122547 Fished:Friday 5th October 2018
Time: 11.30am to 20.45pm
High Tide: 21.35pm
Weather: Mild and calm with a slight breeze Wind 6-8mph SE. Fog to start then bright sun. Fog late afternoon which cleared for clear skies
Sea:Flat with no swirl. No weed
Catch: 27 Whiting most between 22-25cm. 2 Crabs
Best: Whiting 30cm
Rigs:
Rod 1- 2 hook paternoster 4/0 hooks. 30cm trace. Mackerel top/Lug bottom
Rod 2- 2 hook paternoster 3/0 hooks. 30cm trace. Lug top and bottom
Best Bait: Lug(Nothing on Mackerel)
Best Rig: Bottom line
Best fishing distance: 40 yards
Best time. After dark.
Snags: None

First outing since rods packed away for the summer.No other anglers when I arrived. Started fishing 11.30am and fished to 20.45 with not a single bite tap or even a crab just a platic bag.(which I put in my rubbish bag save the planet!)Baits stripped in 15 minutes though.
After dark went nuts and was the most hectic session I can remember.
As one rod went out the other was bouncing about with baits only out for 5 minutes.
A few double shots and some cracking bites. Ended up running out of bait which I was pleased as I was totally knackered. (6.5 miles clocked on fit bit!)
Three other groups arrived between 4pm and 6pm obviously for after dark session.
Back there next week but I will go nearer evening.
Lovely mild day and very warm in the sun although the fog turned it chilly when it arrived.
Great to be back on the beach and roll on next week!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Daytime is better to avoid the whiting, night time is better if you want them You certainly found a few though. I used to look forward to the autumn fishing so much in my younger days but now the spring and summer fishing is so much better. Saturday's rough seas seem to have pushed the dogfish and rays off shore for a while. Yesterdays seas reminded me so much of the cod fishing we once had but sadly even seas like that no longer produce them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice report, well done, like the rods what are they?
all the best , Graham
Thanks. The rods are Iridium Tristar they are Spanish. I bought one second hand and really liked it as they are carbon and have a nice solid action both for casting and bite detection. I tried buying a second one but couldn’t find anyone who stocked them as they were discontinued. I ended up contacting the manufacturer who gave me a list of stockholders who had them in the UK and I managed to find one in the end for a marked down cost of £120 so happy days!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It no problem shopping abroad for continental rods now. I bought one from Holland recently with free postage. It came in two days. There are many quality European rods that we can't get here so it's worth checking the foreign tackle sites.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A1007 thanks for the info , interesting think i will be doing some research on them , Scuttle thanks for your input, and further info as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts