World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 1pm to 9pm tue, at the end of the promenade towards manor road. Only 3 whiting to show for it. No weed at all. Very disappointing.

G

·
Fishing Felixstowe this evening in Steve Adams match. I hope there's more than three fish to catch.

It's biggest fish, but I was hoping for a codling or doggy, not loads of whiting again.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Good to see you Essex Boys comming over the boarder to poach our fine Suffolk Cod lol... Nice to see people back on the beaches. Lets have a productive winter and fill the freezer with Cod. Sorry to hear no Cod for you Moomin. Next time :)

G

·
Good to see you Essex Boys comming over the boarder to poach our fine Suffolk Cod lol... Nice to see people back on the beaches. Lets have a productive winter and fill the freezer with Cod. Sorry to hear no Cod for you Moomin. Next time :)
The Suffolk guys had a fair few too. :)

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
unlucky, had a similar result there last week, but with the added luxury of a ton of weed. manor doesn't seem to fish as well as it used to. next time out its going to be somewhere different

·
Registered
363 Posts
unlucky, had a similar result there last week, but with the added luxury of a ton of weed. manor doesn't seem to fish as well as it used to. next time out its going to be somewhere different
That's certainly what I've found too. 3 or 4 years ago it was producing every time but last couple of years it's disappointed most times I've been there. I haven't fished in the area in front of Mannings before but am wondering if I might give it ago. What does anyone think?

G

·
The manor fished well immediately after the beach was regenerated. Rudd had a theory that it was all the mashed up shellfish from the sand they pumped in from offshore that attracted the fish. I had a blinding season along there, usually fishing the shelter where the old hotel was. I reckon the mouth of the river at landguard would be well worth a go over low water and the whole of the flood tide. Again it's not an easy place to fish, but the easy places rarely throw up the best fishing. I can't work out why people aren't catching tons of whiting south of the pier, there's enough about on the rough ground, so the sandy beaches with all those shrimps should be alive with them.

Has anyone fished immediately to the south of the pier?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Has anyone fished immediately to the south of the pier?
again somewhere i used to fish regular but not for a few years, there used to be a gulley run along there, and rocks close to the pier. not sure if it is still the same, might try it again one of these nights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.