World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALL,

Done Manor end again, with my mate Eric, a slow session all in all.
Eric blanked (hehehehe)
and I got a small dab at the bottom of the tide on a squid tipped lug and then at high water I caught a 1lb codling on a whole squid close in - i was hoping for a bass!
The only baits we used was lug and squid.
the was a bit of a swell and it was sunny.

Roll on the bigger tides.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, crabs were a right pain in the Arris.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Story of my life mate. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
All credit to you for trying; I certainly do not feel confident about catching at the moment, I think I'd have blanked. Have you ever tried match fishing as you always seem to manage a return, even in the direst of conditions? As for the crabs, well I haven't had a session without them for so long that I reckon they've either been reading WSF or phoning the tackle shop I go to:uhuh: ! Do they bother the boat boys as much as the shore anglers? Last trip I even landed an edible crab that was inedible due to it's size, so they really are having a laugh on me:giveup: .

Crab rant aside, a codling of 1lb in these conditions isn't bad, let's hope your next trip gives you a nice bass or two.

Shortcaster

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shortcaster - No i have never tried match fishing, im not sure it appeals to me, I am quite a chilled out (lazy) fisherman and i dont think I could concentrate for long enough.
However if you want to give me any prizes or awards I would be more than happy to accept!

Sharkey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts