World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't remember how many there were of us, but I was fishing as a guest as I'm not a member.

It was a busy night for all of us and it was nigh on impossible to get through the hoards of whiting. I fished the rough ground and still had at least thirty of the bloody things, including one on a whole mackerel fillet intended for a dogfish.

I managed two codling, one sizeable and a small eel.

At the weigh in there was four of us with three species, Steve won on weight and me and Jason tied for second with the same number of species and exactly the same weights.

It was a good fun way of match fishing, just a pity there was so many whiting, preventing other species from getting to our baits.

We also worked out that between those of us fishing the rough ground, eighteen sets of gear were lost. I only lost one set, the combination of Avets and Dvices working nicely.

Next match along there will be one of Steve's, on Tuesday 9th October and is probably going to be a biggest fish match.

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
me and essex dangler was at the dip it was wyting city up there as well, but 2 codling came out early.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
me and essex dangler was at the dip it was wyting city up there as well, but 2 codling came out early.
I caught my sizeable codling only 20 yards out on a boom rig intended for a sole or flounder baited with ragworm.

I caught whiting inside ten yards as the water got deeper.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
[HR][/HR]
Can't remember how many there were of us, but I was fishing as a guest as I'm not a member.

It was a busy night for all of us and it was nigh on impossible to get through the hoards of whiting. I fished the rough ground and still had at least thirty of the bloody things, including one on a whole mackerel fillet intended for a dogfish.

I managed two codling, one sizeable and a small eel.

At the weigh in there was four of us with three species, Steve won on weight and me and Jason tied for second with the same number of species and exactly the same weights.

It was a good fun way of match fishing, just a pity there was so many whiting, preventing other species from getting to our baits.

We also worked out that between those of us fishing the rough ground, eighteen sets of gear were lost. I only lost one set, the combination of Avets and Dvices working nicely.

Next match along there will be one of Steve's, on Tuesday 9th October and is probably going to be a biggest fish match.

Didnt think you liked going north of the border............

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes plenty of whiting about last night me and OMC fished the dip we had codling each just as it got dark then just whiting after that .
Couple of lads fishing along towards Golf rd had 3 keeper bass all on squid. Nice to meet up with Whatawopper and Essexdangler who had come over the boarder to plunder the cod but went away dissappointed only whiting :sad::sad

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
Yes plenty of whiting about last night me and OMC fished the dip we had codling each just as it got dark then just whiting after that .
Couple of lads fishing along towards Golf rd had 3 keeper bass all on squid. Nice to meet up with Whatawopper and Essexdangler who had come over the boarder to plunder the cod but went away dissappointed only whiting :sad::sad
was nice to meet you last night lingy an co.i think we was over casting for them coddies lol,did have a slack liner ,when i reeled in id caught a wyting and it was all raked both sides(prob a bass),look forward to meeting up again some time,all the best waw.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
How strange ,me and bro fished the dip last night, one whiting between us but we did have severel keeper bass,the biggest went 44cm best bait of the night squid, rag and macky bascially untouched, lug and squid produced one bass.

Where these whiting and codling close in?

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
That was us mate, nice to meet you :thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I trust your squid baits were in the back wash, not that there was much last night. That's the thing with Felixstowe, it can often be back to front. Cod and dogs at twenty yards and bass at maximum range. Then, just to confuse you, it reverses again. I love fishing Felixstowe, but there were muttrrings of, I'm not fishing there again, too snaggy! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.