World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well took the dinghy out for a few ours saturday , didnt really know where to start! Not long had it and this was the second time out but first time fishing! Took a couple of gullible mates out with me :D Went out from the spa and headed along to Cobbalds Point , chucked out the anchor (well it didnt 'anchor' too well :( ) Started getting bites , had a Pout a chuck and Eels!!! EKKK!!!
Did also try towards the dip with the same results, more Pouting. Though bigger than i have ever caught from the beach!
Anyone give me a clue to what size anchor i should use? It's a 15ft dinghy, dont think the one thats with it is upto the job :g:
O think i upset all the sunbathers when i started up the petter engine with winch to get the boat back up the beach , what a lovely sound though :)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers , just had a look at sea mark nunn website and 6mm chain is onnly a few quid a metre so get some from there :) Rather use local firm when i can, and barter for some £'s off :)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Cheers , just had a look at sea mark nunn website and 6mm chain is onnly a few quid a metre so get some from there :) Rather use local firm when i can, and barter for some £'s off :)
I never gave them a thought mate to be honest, for chain, I use Seamrk's a for a lot of my stuff though, get a decent deal most of the time, hope it all works ok for you next trip out.

AL ..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi.
If your looking for a cheap Bruce anchor and chain, try the suppliers just before you turn off the old felixstowe/Ipswich road down to Levington marina, [nearly next to the level crossing], there half the price of chandlers and very helpful. Don't be put off by the commercial look of the place, their happy to sell to anyone.There also selling a good electric windlass [Australian] for half the price of Lewmar stuff.

Rgds Harry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts