World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Fludyers pub area today, lovely weather got a little sunburnt to boot. Fishing rag on a bass rod close to sea defences, I had 2 small codling to 1lb and wait for it

I'll try to get the picture off my phone later, It was a green/brown fish at the 1lb mark, never caught one before so am unsure of species type.

Here it is

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Bluddy 'ell a Wrasse! theres a turn up for the books.
Was it a ballan wrasse maybe?

Well done mate.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Fished the Fludyers pub area today, lovely weather got a little sunburnt to boot. Fishing rag on a bass rod close to sea defences, I had 2 small codling to 1lb and wait for it

A wrasse

I'll try to get the picture off my phone later, It was a green fish at the 1lb mark, never caught one before so am unsure of species type.
nice one mate lets hope theres more out there

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Nice one......... Its 100% ballan wrasse.. well done to you for a rare catch from your shore. they very common down hear

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Nice fish Steve, whereabouts did you fish, I don't know the pub you mention, is it up the Old Felixstowe end?:notworthy

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Nice one steve.I have heard of one or two being caught up at Lowestoft in some rough grund and a couple caught at southwold harbour but there's the proof.Fish are obviously moving north with the warmer water!
If this is due to global warming "Bring it on"
Well done M8 I guess Its a first for you,but hopefully not your last!!!
Tight Lines
Spratty:thumbs: :clap3: :clap3:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts